If Carnival goes bye-bye what then?

MissMeggieMurphy

So many people obviously want Carnival Corporation to go bye-bye. So what happens then and will its demise make the cruising industry better? And remember we are talking about 10 cruise lines becoming history including Carnival, Hal, Princess, Costa, Cunard, Ibero, P&O Australia, Seabourn.

That basically leaves RCCL and RCCL owned lines the only game in town.

Good Lord - talk about pants on fire. I have been vocal about the cheerleaders on this board as have many other but I don't think I have read even one post that said they wanted Carnival to go away. Many of us who cruised Carnival in the a number of years ago are simply disgusted with the continual dumbing down of their cruises. Constant cutbacks that are welcomed with open arms by the cheerleaders as a way to keep cruising cheap. If Carnival would bring back live music on the pool decks, good steaks in the MDR, get rid of MAC and Cheese in the MDR and a litany of other things then I'd certainly look at them again. But their cutbacks and cost cutting has resulted in inferior food, poor service and, what is now obvious, inappropriate maintenance of their ships. Nobody wants them to go away. They just want them to raise their standards.

I think we all know this could happen to any cruise líne but carnival is what we hear everytime something happen dont get me wrong i am not saying is a bad cruise compañy but every time You hear the News about a cruise ship in trouble at seas carnival ñame pop up ,it like CNN said this is a repeat of what happen on carnival splendor,i am even scare to take a cruise with carnival now i had book the breeze i cancel yesterday and book the freedom of the seas,like i said i have Nothing bad to day about carnival is just to much thing happing with carnival these past few years and now with what happen with the trumiph it scare me

Ship happens ! Do a search and you will find issues with all cruise lines. Here is just one incident some time ago.

Royal Caribbean International canceled nine cruises on Monarch of the Seas on Wednesday, one day after the ship struck a sandbar off St. Maarten in the Caribbean, forcing the evacuation of all 2,557 passengers. The Miami-based cruise line also spent the day flying all remaining passengers and crew home and assessing damage to the ship's hull, which sustained a gash 120 feet long and up to 3 feet wide. No passengers or crew members were reported injured.

Hmmm...them there trolls are certainly trolling. And why are so many who have never sailed Carnival or have any planned cruises on them even on the Carnival boards!? It's kinda like the class jock having to make himself feel bigger and better by talking trash about everyone else. Just saying...

Hmmm...them there trolls are certainly trolling. And why are so many who have never sailed Carnival or have any planned cruises on them even on the Carnival boards!? It's kinda like the class jock having to make himself feel bigger and better by talking trash about everyone else. Just saying...

Couldn't agree more...

why should they go bye bye ? stupied question :rolleyes: Ship did not sink, no one died, they treated 3 people who did ned medical help properly, they did not force anyone to go down inside those rooms with damage there was plenty of options for everyone on this ship. Totally over reacted and stupied how the news has made this into as well. All ships have brake downs end of story

If Carnival goes away there will be no more cruising, because Royal and NCL would have folded eons earlier.

Considering the OP is only posting to get those here in an uproar, I am surprised that you even responded to her, unless of course you are trying to wow us with your logic once again. Honestly Sarge, sometimes, your logic is way beyond the sensible.

CNN guy Woolf is such an idoit they where showing the life vests people put into a heart shape and said... the people some how found blinking lights to put in life vests.

this idiot has never been on a ship to include most of those reporters .... they dont know crap its all BS

I think we all know this could happen to any cruise líne but carnival is what we hear everytime something happen dont get me wrong i am not saying is a bad cruise compañy but every time You hear the News about a cruise ship in trouble at seas carnival ñame pop up ,it like CNN said this is a repeat of what happen on carnival splendor,i am even scare to take a cruise with carnival now i had book the breeze i cancel yesterday and book the freedom of the seas,like i said i have Nothing bad to day about carnival is just to much thing happing with carnival these past few years and now with what happen with the trumiph it scare me

Good Lord - talk about pants on fire. I have been vocal about the cheerleaders on this board as have many other but I don't think I have read even one post that said they wanted Carnival to go away. Many of us who cruised Carnival in the a number of years ago are simply disgusted with the continual dumbing down of their cruises. Constant cutbacks that are welcomed with open arms by the cheerleaders as a way to keep cruising cheap. If Carnival would bring back live music on the pool decks, good steaks in the MDR, get rid of MAC and Cheese in the MDR and a litany of other things then I'd certainly look at them again. But their cutbacks and cost cutting has resulted in inferior food, poor service and, what is now obvious, inappropriate maintenance of their ships. Nobody wants them to go away. They just want them to raise their standards.

I think that some of the Carnival cheerleaders may actually have a Carnival 'handler' that tell them what to post. If I were a Carnival decision maker I would be having this done. Just another avenue for PR and good business tactic. Please note, I said "I think" and "may"

Carnival Corp. owns 50% of the industry. Therefore, if something goes awry aboard a cruise ship, there is a 50/50 chance that it's going to be Carnival owned. Carnival Corp. (and vicariously Carnival Cruise Lines) isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

I do think that they are at the zenith of their empire building though. Much like the GM of the 1960's, they are at the top. But being at the top has it's problems. Everyone is chasing you, and you must suffer the slings and arrows. Also, being the biggest can make a company complacent and careless. I just hope that Carnival Corp. can avoid the period of decline that can often befall companies that experience rapid, meteoric rises.

I hope they close carnival down all these years something happen with carnival ships putting people lífe in danger,my friend is a travél agent yesterday over 200 people cancel there cruise with carnival they are booking rccl cruises

Good for them.

3 ships of carnival had this problem the trumiph had a problem lást week why they didnt cancel this cruise and fix the problem carnival has a very bad récord and i hope what happen know with carnival trumiph carnival goes out off business or get a big lawsuit anyway lawsuit Are in progress as we speak.peole are not traveling with carnival no moré please come by to royal caribean thread Thats real cruise and Safe líne with high tech ships. :D

Ignore!

I hope they close carnival down all these years something happen with carnival ships putting people lífe in danger,my friend is a travél agent yesterday over 200 people cancel there cruise with carnival they are booking rccl cruises

That is 200 less people that we have to sail with. That is about 10% of a ships population. It now opens up bookings for other people.

Considering the OP is only posting to get those here in an uproar, I am surprised that you even responded to her, unless of course you are trying to wow us with your logic once again. Honestly Sarge, sometimes, your logic is way beyond the sensible.

What do you expect from someone who's favorite line is, I know nothing, NOTHING!

I think that some of the Carnival cheerleaders may actually have a Carnival 'handler' that tell them what to post. If I were a Carnival decision maker I would be having this done. Just another avenue for PR and good business tactic. Please note, I said "I think" and "may"

No, I highly doubt it. If they did, they would be busted for it pretty quick. RCCL approached some CC posters a couple years back about being brand ambassadors, not telling them what to post, but giving them inside information in the hope that they would tell others about it... and even that caused a huge uproar mainly due to lack of disclosure.

CCL's PR does need rework but not in this respect.

So many people obviously want Carnival Corporation to go bye-bye. So what happens then and will its demise make the cruising industry better? And remember we are talking about 10 cruise lines becoming history including Carnival, Hal, Princess, Costa, Cunard, Ibero, P&O Australia, Seabourn.

I'm having a hard time with your original premise that someone wants CCL to go bye bye. :confused: Competition is what drives good business.

Why if someone want to cruise any line of their choice all of a sudden wanting a line they don't use go out of business, or eveolve into something else?

So, who are the SO MANY PEOPLE you are "quoting"?

Agree this post is totally absurd!!!

But one question.....Who still flies on airplanes? After 9/11, landing in the Hudson, and I could go on and on.... The last time I got on a plane it was full.

Remember no one died on the Triumph.

Who are these "so many people?". Where is your information coming from.? And you forget that there are other countries that have cruise ships, so it does NOT only leave RCCL.

Do you seriously think that this one incident can sink a whole company?

Spam anyone:D

Yeppers...you ARE a spammer!

Look, all the lines are at the EXACT same risk of some kind of failure...either you want to cruise (or fly, or ride the train) or you don't. Bottom line is NOT A SINGLE PERSON DIED IN THIS "fiasco"...so I see that as VERY positive vs negative.

How many airline "mishaps" can state the same???!?!?!?!?!

INCONVENIENCED VS DEAD will NEVER equate! Cruising is fun, affordable and carefree....and ALL ships share the risk equally!

Archived