Pricing cyles?

l1222

Anyone have any insight into typical or usual pricing cycles of Carnival - when are the prices usually the highest? when are they lowest? do they take a drop a few weeks before sail? We're eyeing a cruise that is only about 75 days out - buy this minute? Any experienced and sharp cruise bargain hunters out there, I'd appreciate the advice. Thank you!

I dont think theres any way to guarantee that! My last cruise experienced several price drops, all before final payment was due so what I owed dropped and dropped. But after that there were no more drops. Some people on here seem to report that they only had price drops after final payment, thus resulting in OBC.

We typically have more price drops from about 90 days to 30 days from our sail date. That seems to be the window when they typically start calling people(upgrade fairy) and up selling them to better rooms. Then they are trying to fill the rest of the ship before sailing by offering lower prices. That's why we always book early saver so that we can always get credit for the price drops.

There used to be a rhythm to it, but now it is a matter of supply and demand and the computers keep track. For example, my cruise this March on the Breeze has kept dropping and dropping. For a cruise that leaves during Spring Break, it is almost as cheap as ones we have taken during hurricane season! The 6 day before and after our 8 day is more expensive! The 8 day cruise at the beginning of the month is sold out except for suites and the 8 day to the southern is almost $500 more than ours. I guess we just hit it right, time wise!

Archived