Taxi rates

Isa65

If we take a public bus to Mambo beach, where and at what time will the bus return?

I wouldn't mind using Dushi Taxi but we are only a party of 2.

There are busses going to Mambo all the time. To get back to town, you'll have to leave before 6 pm (afterwards public transportation doesn't run as often) or stay for sunset & happy hour and catch a cab back to the ship.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Issa, we have two top stops in Curaçao and we don't know how to plan our day and get around. We'd like to see the Synagogue and the distillery. Any recommendations? How much will a taxi cost for two? Or can we take a local bus?

I can't give specific advice anymore on these boards. There is a certain individual reporting me every time I mention a place or a link and CC bans me for a period.

What I can tell you - the Synagogue is within walking distance of the ship in downtown Willemstad.

For the distillery you would need to take a taxi as this is in the area of Salinja (10 minutes away).

The best thing is to arrange with a taxi outside the pier area for a 2-hour tour, leaving you at the end at the Synagogue. Google: snoa dot com for more details on the synagogue.

Have a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

We have a private East Side tour booked with Irie Tours in the morning, which includes an hour at Seaquarium Beach. We then have an option as to return to the ship or stay at the beach. If we decide to stay at the beach I assume we would have no problem finding a taxi back to the ship? Is there a specific place where we go to get a taxi when there? How much should we expect to pay for the one way trip?

Thanks!:)

No problem getting taxis. This is a very busy area with 5 hotels and 2 smaller resorts, so there are always taxis lined up.

If for whatever reason there is none at the beach entrance, just walk up to the reception at any one of the hotels (Cabana, Lion's Dive, f.e.) and they will call a taxi for you. Rate is $20 per trip one way (not per person).

• 2 weeks later...
If two people wanted to go to Little Knip beach how long does it take to get there and how much does it cost?

Little Knip is gorgeous. It will take 30 - 45 minutes to get there as it's almost at the most western point of the island. There are no amenities (public beach) and no taxi to take you back. Cab fare will be high, my bet is around 40-50 dollars one way.

You can negotiate a fixed price with a driver to take you, wait for you and take you back.

Or you can join a sightseeing tour going to the west.

The cheapest option is to rent a car, depending on how much time you have in port.

• 3 weeks later...
There are lots of questions on taxi rates to beaches and activities.

Here is a list by Dushi Taxi:

Transfer to the beach/park

Transfer to Playa porto Marie is $ 25 a person ROUNDTRIP!

Transfer to Playa Cas Abao is $30 a person ROUNDTRIP!

Transfer to Kokomobeach/Cabana/Mambo beach/Sea Aquaruim Park is $10 a person ROUNDTRIP!

Transfer to Playa Janthiel Zanzibar is $ 14 a person ROUNDTRIP!

Minimum of 6 people

You would have to google her FB page (Dushi Taxi) as I'm not sure I can post her contact details here on CC.

Looks like Porto Mari is a good choice for a beach with snorkeling. Is it really $25 pp each way wouldn't it depend on how many people are in the cab?

There will either be 2 or 4 of us.

Would there be anything little cheaper to get to that would have good snorkeling?

The closest (with decent snorkeling) beach would be Blue Bay.

Cab rate will run about $20 per trip (not per person). If you're on Facebook, send the driver abovementioned a message and she will send you exact rates, etc.

Maybe you can negotiate a lower rate to a Western beach for better snorkeling. Have great cruise!

• 2 months later...