Wine glass and corkscrew

Leinad79

Not sure about Carnival but Royal Caribbean lets you bring a corkscrew as long as it doesn't have one of those deadly foil cutting blades on it. Do you know how hard it is to find a corkscrew WITHOUT a foil cutting blade? I finally ordered a pocket corkscrew from amazon.com. I was also told the room steward will provide wine glasses. Apparently not all of them will.

We pack nice plastic ones with grapes on them so we can sit in the hot tub and or partake on our balcony. Corkscrew is not as problem. BTW, if you take your bottle of wine to the dining room there's a $10 corkage fee for them to open the bottle. When we take wine to our table, we get glasses from the bar pour our wine in our cabin and leave the glasses at the table when we're done.

We had no problem getting wine glasses from our room steward on the Legend but on the Inspiration, our steward told us that they did not have any ????? There were none in our cabin and none on their cart. We ordered a glass of wine in one of the bars and just kept reusing the glasses. Some other CC'ers have said that the bars will give you a few glasses if you ask. We have not tried this but it is good to know for next time. We may just bring a few inexpensive ones to avoid any hassles.

As far as the corkscrew, we pack our own in our checked luggage. Some say the room steward will get you one but we don't want the hassle of having to wait or of them running out.

:)

I have never had any issues with being refused a wine glass from the steward. They are generally very friendly and helpful, I just wouldn't ask them when you first are allowed to your cabins as that is when they are the busiest. If you do ask then, be kind and tell them "no hurry, just whenever you get a chance". I have a travel Rabbit corkscrew that I prefer to bring along whenever I travel and have never had any issues on any of my cruises....it even has a foil cutter blade. When we take wine to the MDR, we take our bottle opened and that's not an issue either.

We pack a corkscrew. No problem getting glasses from the bar. After the first day, the stewart usually provides fresh ones when he cleans the room. * I also bring a key chain size bottle opener, and hang it on my lanyard with my S&S card. Makes bucket much more managable, and I met a lot of people asking to use it!

I have never had any issues with being refused a wine glass from the steward. They are generally very friendly and helpful, I just wouldn't ask them when you first are allowed to your cabins as that is when they are the busiest. If you do ask then, be kind and tell them "no hurry, just whenever you get a chance". I have a travel Rabbit corkscrew that I prefer to bring along whenever I travel and have never had any issues on any of my cruises....it even has a foil cutter blade. When we take wine to the MDR, we take our bottle opened and that's not an issue either.

I'm glad that you didn't have any issues obtaining your wine glasses but we did. BTW we were not REFUSED, they just did not have any. For a newbie to be told that you can always get wine glasses from your room steward simply is not correct in all cases and on all ships...... And I did ask them kindly and it wasn't on the first day either. There simply were none in our cabin and none on the carts. We even asked another room steward to check his cart. We were told to go to the bar areas and ask. Our friends that were on the deck above us did not have any in their cabin either, as they are not wine drinkers and we asked to borrow theirs.

:):)

I always go to a bar and ask for a couple of wineglasses. The inside bars have glass and the outside bars have plastic. There are some very good wines now that are screwtop. I try to bring them to avoid the corkscrew problem. I also take a glass of wine from my cabin to dinner. No one knows where I got the wine from. Carnival allows you to take a bottle of wine per person on board with you.

Last week on the Sensation we ordered a bottle of wine from special services on board we also got really nice red wine glasses. So this cruise we ended up with white wine glasses (from steward), the red wine glasses and also champagne flutes from ordering mimosas at the bar! Our steward washed them each day. Nice tip for her! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361144539.070425.jpg.5294e6fde2490bc8f309c8ff18852ea1.jpg

I usually ask for wine glasses anywhere they might have them (MDR, Bar, etc). This time, I painted some for my roomie and me (it's her first cruise). There are some really good screw top wines out there too. My favorite: Molly Dooker 2 left feet. They even have a method to aerate your red wine so I don't need my venturi!

1304110786_CAM00187(1).jpg.e7fc41cb8dc2df7f08830678c47614ab.jpg

Archived