Cabin Categories on the Maasdam

drogers100

Being a first time cruiser I have to ask this question. I came upon what I thought was a good price for a cruise upon the Maasdam the cabin was an outside level H. The TA I booked thorugh showed that they had 30 available at this rate. When I asked the TA about my chances for an upgrade I was told they would probably be pretty godd as there are only 8 cabins in this category on the Maasdam. My question is why do they sell more cabins in a category than are available? My next question is am I gonna regret having this cabin if I don't get upgraded?

The best advice I think I could give you is don't ever rely on an upgrade. Always book the cabin that you will be happy with if an upgrade doesn't happen.

I always book a specific cabin when I cruise. I was once offered an upgrade through HAL, but declined it. It was an upgrade from an inside to outside cabin, but the area of the ship they were going to put me in, I didn't care for, so I politely declined it.

Being a first time cruiser I have to ask this question. I came upon what I thought was a good price for a cruise upon the Maasdam the cabin was an outside level H. The TA I booked thorugh showed that they had 30 available at this rate. When I asked the TA about my chances for an upgrade I was told they would probably be pretty godd as there are only 8 cabins in this category on the Maasdam. My question is why do they sell more cabins in a category than are available? My next question is am I gonna regret having this cabin if I don't get upgraded?

How did your TA explain that 30 cabins were available at that rate but there were only 8 in that category?

Often HAL, and other lines, sell "guarantees" - which means you're guaranteed to be in the category you paid for or a higher category.

I agree with those who say pay for the category you want and never count on an upgrade - but you can hope. I think some TA's may foster false hope for an upgrade.

Archived