On the breeze, missing grand turk

welldone60

FYI: the deck outside the 4J's are a lot windier up on deck 10 than they are on deck 6.

Welp, looks we'll be enjoying those extra Breezes in the 4J on deck 10 as we decided to "move up" last night from a 4J on deck 6 up to deck 10. We figure like this, we were in a 4J on the Breeze on the TA back in November, deck 7...hardly had ANY wind the whole 15 days, even coming across the Atlantic. Only once during whole cruise were the doors closed due to high winds. So, mostly like no matter what 4J we have next time on the Breeze, it's gonna be windy!!! Besides, we like the "easy access" to the Lido deck bar, food and pool locations being on Lido deck will give us.

last question I promise...I there a couch in your 10206??? Thanks!!

No couch, 2 chairs and a stool.

Just back from a day in La Romana......lot's of sun and rum.....great day.

As far as cabin 10206. We love it. I will post some pics when we get back.

The staff on this ship really seem happy. We have had great service the entire cruise. Food has been OK, same as most Carnival ships, not five star, but good.

We have a group of 14 and are really having a good time.

Sad note. Met a couple last night who's parents had missed the ship in Miami, then made there way to grand turk only to have the ship miss the port. They were trying to get to La Romana to board. Don't now if they made it. The girl was really bummed out, we felt so sorry for her.

No couch, 2 chairs and a stool.

Just back from a day in La Romana......lot's of sun and rum.....great day.

As far as cabin 10206. We love it. I will post some pics when we get back.

The staff on this ship really seem happy. We have had great service the entire cruise. Food has been OK, same as most Carnival ships, not five star, but good.

We have a group of 14 and are really having a good time.

Sad note. Met a couple last night who's parents had missed the ship in Miami, then made there way to grand turk only to have the ship miss the port. They were trying to get to La Romana to board. Don't now if they made it. The girl was really bummed out, we felt so sorry for her.

Pics will be cool I definitely look for them. We will be in 10206 in May in, I moved us there from 6202 last night. Are you finding it pretty windy up there as someone else suggested here? Enjoy rest of your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think you missed much by not being able to dock at Grand Turk, I was not impressed at all...I would have cried if we would have missed Half Moon Cay...it beautiful. Leaving in 9 days for a 5 days cruise and booked it just because the third stop was Half Moon Cay..booked a private cabana too!!

We are on the Breeze and were just told we would not port at Grand Turk. We will have a sea day. We have a 4J cabon on Lido and when I walked out on the forward deck this morning you could hardly stand up. The wind was blowing 30+ kn. Capatain made a circle then they annouced the missed port. Never been to Grand Turk, so will try again someday.

On the other hand, we are having a great time. Love the ship. Meet some great folks from our roll call. Have a great MDR staff.

Now I think I will hit the rack for a little more shut-eye, it was a very late night.

We were on the cruise just before you and it was very windy the night before grand turk but was pleasently surprised to see we made it in. A cab driver on the island told us another ship cancelled that day because of high winds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

We missed Grand Turk on our last Valor cruise. Same reason: wind. They tried 3 times to dock but finally gave up. Still haven't made it back.

Oh well i love sea days so that gave me 4 on that cruise with a little extra OBC to boot so I got over it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey we were on the same cruise with you last year! Hated to miss Grand Turk but enjoyed the extra time in San Juan. Freedom this year in April. Hope we don't miss any ports. Congrats on the pregnancy!

Thank you welldone60, the pictures are wonderful!:D

We really liked the cabin. The only day we heard the outside door slam was the day we were to port in Grand Turk. It was really windy and some people were going out when they were trying to dock and the wind would take the door out of your hand.

Now, the cabin door, hang on to it when you close it. The door closer will slam it shut.

The forward deck is a great place while docking or leaving port. There is a stairway outside that you can go down to the deck over the Bridge. From the sides of this deck, you can look down the sides of the ship.

Thanks so much for posting these pictures. We'll be in that cabin in 61 days. :)

Sorry you missed Grand Turk...that's one of my favorite ports, but certainly understand why they'd have to skip if it was that windy. :(

If this is the 6 day cruise.. I'm going on the same one April 21. Hopefully we don't miss it. The itinerary already sucks and I wouldn't want to miss another port making it only 2 places :/

welldone60, since you missed Grand Turk, and it was a sea day...did Carnival Breeze have Sea Day things like Fat Jimmy's C-Side Barbecue, or the Punchliner Brunch? :)

We were on the 8 day southern.

They did not do the brunch on the extra sea day, but they did open Fat Jimmy's. They also gave us the port fees back as OBC, and also extended our port time in La Romana and Aruba by 2 hours each.

Make sure you go to the Italian restaurant for lunch. No extra charge and the food is really good, plus no lines as not many people go there for lunch. It's located on deck 11 aft, right below the basketball court. You will here a little noise from the basketballs, but not enough to bother us.

Archived