Is Leanne@Thomson on commission to sell bottles of water?

Grez

Its the only logical reason as to why she is telling people not to drink the water on board.

Clare says:17/02/2013 at 16:48

On Celebration – is the water in the cabin bathrooms drinkable please?

Leanne @Thomson says:17/02/2013 at 17:13

Hi Clare, We would recommend not to drink the tap water on board, it would be best to purchase bottles of water.

anthony bolton and gillian jennings says:15/02/2013 at 15:58

hi we are on the dream 14th april for transatlantic crossing can you tell me if hair straightiners are allowed in cabins and is there water on the tables at evening meals as my partner is diabetic and doesnt drink thanks

Adam @Thomson says:15/02/2013 at 20:49

Hi Anthony & Gillian, You are allowed to take Hair Straighteners, just make sure you have the correct adaptor for them. Water can be requested in the restaurants. ^Adam

anthony bolton and gillian jennings says:17/02/2013 at 15:34

thanks adam is water complimentory or do you have to purchase a bottle my partner only needs it for taking medication

Leanne @Thomson says:17/02/2013 at 16:24

Hi Anthony and Gillian, You’ll have to purchase a bottle of water.

Jan Dart says:18/02/2013 at 12:28

Celebration – is the water in cabin bathrooms drinkable?

Leanne @Thomson says:18/02/2013 at 13:01

Hi Jan, We advise passengers not to drink the tap water from the bathrooms on board our cruises.

Perhaps someone should make a list as there seems to have been a few incorrect answers from the team recently :eek:

I think they are possibly young and with the best will in the world know very little about cruising at all or I'm sad to say often dont know about Thomsons cruises enough to be answering questions ( Dont mean to sound harsh )

I mentioned before , think Thomsons would be better recuiting a few old timers from this forum to answer the new cruisers questions ;) but i know its just not practical so a good job they find their way here on their own.

On the Q&A i also mentioned to FE about Thomsons staff in store, as an ex TA who actually worked in a Thomson franchaise i do know what i am talking about. The training is so basic and unless you have an interest as i did they really often do not have a clue what they are selling, sorry but its true in most cases. Of course there are the exceptions and thats fine but all staff should know more , actually a lot more ! :mad:

Problem is there are too many destinations and products including the many cruise companies so its impossible to know everything. The danger is though that people go into the TA and think everything they say is correct and also think they are always being given the right advise, im afraid its just not so especially with Thomson cruises :rolleyes:

In store staff and "The Team" need much more training im afraid :(

If the water in the bathrooms was not drinkable they would be poisoning everyone aboard because it is the same water that you get free in the dining rooms, tha ssme water that comes out of the drinks dispensers in the buffet and the same water that they make the ice cubes out of :rolleyes:

Hi There

We were on the Island Escape last year, whilst at one on the stopovers we decided to look around the town and local supermarket. Only to find 8 Thomson porters (which we recognised) each pulling trolleys with 4 x 5 gall large bottled water containers for the boat from the supermarket.

Maybe form your own conclusion...

When we were on the Dream last year, we went to the formal night on the Monday and the waiters came and asked us if we would like to buy a bottle of water. The other 3 couples on our tables said yes please, but I had been warned about it on here and asked for a glass of water. They went away and I saw them pouring us a glass each from a bottle! :rolleyes:

Dream waiters serving free bottled water to all guests in the main dining room and there are water dispensers in the self-service areas.

But as Dave says, ice as well as cooking is almost certainly from the ship's water purification system - also that in the taps. Never had a problem drinking it (was always served from a jug before the new bottle regime) except that it had a Chlorine-y taste from time to time.

Hi Everyone,

We’ve got some clarification from the ships, the water is drinkable from the taps and is treated and filtered on board. From time to time, some customers do tell us that it tastes different – this is because the mineral content is slightly higher than what we’re used to here in the UK.

On Thomson Dream and Thomson Celebration, bottled water by the glass is available on request in the dining rooms and bars. You’ll also have a jug of water in the cabins on Thomson Dream for tea and coffee. Thomson Celebration will follow in May when she becomes Platinum. On Thomson Spirit and Thomson Majesty tap water is available by the glass on request in all dining rooms and bars.

Sorry if this has caused any confusion.

Dan.

Hi Everyone,

We’ve got some clarification from the ships, the water is drinkable from the taps and is treated and filtered on board. From time to time, some customers do tell us that it tastes different – this is because the mineral content is slightly higher than what we’re used to here in the UK.

On Thomson Dream and Thomson Celebration, bottled water by the glass is available on request in the dining rooms and bars. You’ll also have a jug of water in the cabins on Thomson Dream for tea and coffee. Thomson Celebration will follow in May when she becomes Platinum. On Thomson Spirit and Thomson Majesty tap water is available by the glass on request in all dining rooms and bars.

Sorry if this has caused any confusion.

Dan.

Thanks Dan :)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk

I also think they really try to push water sales at you as you disembark, for the day in port.

I don't understand as once you are off the ship you can purchase nice cold bottled water everywhere!!

Lorraine

I got caught out by that, but only once! Full price even on AI because it was before 10.00am. And there was no price list to warn you. We were going on an excursion so didn't know how long before we could buy one on shore.

Archived