Changing rooms with DD... is this the best solution?

michelerdh72

I am planning on booking this summer for the Eastern Caribbean on the Dream. It will be myself, my DH, my DD12, myDD16 and her friend16. We plan on letting the two older girls have a room to themself and my youngest DD will be in the room with us. My husband is interested in the cheers program however I am not (I might drink one fruity drink a day if any). I was wondering if I could book myself in one room and my husband in the other and once we are on board we could get an extra key card for both rooms and change back to our original room arrangement. I realize that myself and one of the girls would have to keep up with two keys (one our actual room key and the other for our sign and sail). This way my DH could get the cheers program but I would not have to. Would this be the best way to handle this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am planning on booking this summer for the Eastern Caribbean on the Dream. It will be myself, my DH, my DD12, myDD16 and her friend16. We plan on letting the two older girls have a room to themself and my youngest DD will be in the room with us. My husband is interested in the cheers program however I am not (I might drink one fruity drink a day if any). I was wondering if I could book myself in one room and my husband in the other and once we are on board we could get an extra key card for both rooms and change back to our original room arrangement. I realize that myself and one of the girls would have to keep up with two keys (one our actual room key and the other for our sign and sail). This way my DH could get the cheers program but I would not have to. Would this be the best way to handle this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

you will have to book a parent with the girl that is not your own anyways.

so yes, you can do this.

you are not going to be able to swap out sign and sail cards because you are sailing with a minor that is cruising without parents.

If you have the deposit-- book soon.

Our cruise has only gone up by 87 for a summer sailing since we booked

you will have to book a parent with the girl that is not your own anyways.

so yes, you can do this.

you are not going to be able to swap out sign and sail cards because you are sailing with a minor that is cruising without parents.

If you have the deposit-- book soon.

Our cruise has only gone up by 87 for a summer sailing since we booked

I was not aware that we would have to book in the room with the child that wasn't ours. I thought that if the girls are 16 and up that they could be in their own room. I guess I need to check into that before I book. Thanks

I was not aware that we would have to book in the room with the child that wasn't ours. I thought that if the girls are 16 and up that they could be in their own room. I guess I need to check into that before I book. Thanks

the age is 21

if the girls were your children you will be able to book them into their own cabin but since you are traveling with a minor with no parents sailing you will bneed to have someone in that cabin that is over 25.

if a person is under 21 they need to be booked with a person who is over 25.

PS make sure you have a medical power of attorney for her and a NOTARIZED release letting you take her out of the country

the age is 21

if the girls were your children you will be able to book them into their own cabin but since you are traveling with a minor with no parents sailing you will bneed to have someone in that cabin that is over 25.

if a person is under 21 they need to be booked with a person who is over 25.

PS make sure you have a medical power of attorney for her and a NOTARIZED release letting you take her out of the country

We did this a couple of years ago with my 18 year old and 14 year old daughters. We booked my wife in one room with one of them and I booked the 2nd room with the other. Once we got on the ship, we just swapped keys.

We did something similar on our last Carnival cruise. Once you are on board, go to guest relations and have them change things around. Do you want an extra key for you to have for the girls' room? They might do that for you.

Archived