Earliest to get on ship

edj62296

We are leaving on the Epic in two weeks. I have been on multiple cruises, but this is the first one I have had to make my own arrangements. I am getting conflicting answers on the earliest we can board the ship. We are leaving out of Miami. Can anyone help me with this information?

We are leaving on the Epic in two weeks. I have been on multiple cruises, but this is the first one I have had to make my own arrangements. I am getting conflicting answers on the earliest we can board the ship. We are leaving out of Miami. Can anyone help me with this information?

I usually show up about an hour before the official boarding time. Makes the lines almost non-existent.

You will be able to give your bags to the porters at any time. Actual check in probably won't commence until 10:30 or 11 a.m. Boarding will probably be around 11:30. Rooms will not be ready until 1 or 1:30 p.m.

You will be able to give your bags to the porters at any time. Actual check in probably won't commence until 10:30 or 11 a.m. Boarding will probably be around 11:30. Rooms will not be ready until 1 or 1:30 p.m.

That was pretty much our experience three weeks ago. Gave the bags to the porter at 9:30, they let us in the terminal at 10:00. Waited about 15 minutes to start going through security. We were suite passengers so we were directed to the VIP area and again waited. Boarded about 11:15. They were also starting to board other passengers. Not a bad thing to wait to enjoy you're cruise. We enjoy getting more out of the day.

I usually arrive by 1030a and get right in. May have to wait a bit before they let you on the ship but not that long. I did arrive later once at 1p and hated it. I felt like I lost 2 hours of my vacation. I dont think the time in the check in lines was any longer though if you dont mind arriving later.

11:30 am or 12 noon and at those times, you can be on board in 20 minutes. Which is ideal for a leisurely and uncrowded lunch in the MDR. That lunch ends at 2:30. By 2, your cabin should be ready for you. Don't go to the buffet at embarkation day. It is crowded, noisy, and you have to wait on line for your food as 95 percent of the passengers will go there.

Archived