No trays or OJ on Lido deck on Liberty?

eng4

Try this...Instead of putting your silverware in your pocket, if you are right-handed, take the rolled up silverware napkin and place it in your left hand. Put your tray in your left hand, with the napkin under the tray as you are holding it. Continue on thru the line, and your utensils are not in your way at all. If you are left-handed, just do the opposite. It is not hard at all. :) After you get your food, your right hand is still free to get your drink. It's not as bad as it seems.

In your hands. :)

No, seriously, I never felt the need for a tray. I put my silverware/napkin in a pocket, one hand for my plate, one hand for my drink. Or, sometimes we would find a table after getting our food, then either I or my husband would go for our drinks. No problem. Now for people with kids it might be more of a problem without a tray but as others have said you can keep your room service tray and just use that for the duration of the cruise.

I never really liked trays much either, because I am not that great at balancing. Even with a tray I would not carry a plate and a drink on my tray at the same time. If I had my cup more than 1/2 to 3/4 of the way full I would spill it all over my tray- ON LAND. Imagine a moving ship. And these cups are small, so 1/2 full is like a shot.

The only problem we have is that since we also have a little one, one of us has to sit at the table with her all the time. So its like one of us (usually me since i get food for DD and I) goes and gets food and then has to go back and get a drink. But in reality, when I come back with food, DH does not want to have to wait any longer, so he gets his food and I have to wait until HE gets back to get a drink. That part I don't like. But I do not have an issue with getting food, even for DD and I. Its actually slightly easier for me this way. Since I am not good at balancing plates, I usually just get one plate, with food for DD and I, and then an extra, empty plate for her, underneath it. Then I transfer food over to her plate. Because the plates are bigger, it allows me to do that and not have everything run together. Its really nice since I like different things than my two year old (go figure), so I can have a variety of things on my plate.

have a picture of these plates?

Wondering just how big, big is?

Last NCL cruise I broungt a plastic tray (no issue for weight or space in my suitcase) & it came in handy bringing items to our cabin as well as several uses in the cabin.

I found the NCL plates to be very heavy to walk around with. Hmm age must be creeping up :eek:

Next thing you know - people will start packing their own trays and bring them onboard....:D

just put it on my packing list!! :rolleyes:

I really like the trays. this way I can make one trip through the buffet and drink like and sit and relax and eat

If I feel like eating breakfast on my balcony I get room service to bring me coffee and juices as well as my bread products and fruit. Then I make a quick trip up to the Lido, load a big plate with meats, potatoes, hot items (enough) for two. A couple of bucks for room service isn't going to break the bank and saves me from having to balance everything else while on the stairs. In fact I find a plate much simpler than a tray.

Archived