Sky Penthouse 9202

shelly11

I almost sailed in this suite but decided to go with the OS instead. I've been looking for the video I found but, if you look at the deck plan, there is a small bump-out in 9202. Pictures/videos I've seen show a small (and I mean small) second bedroom......looks just wide enough for a fold-down upper and lower berth (not a wide as a single bed). The same goes for 9002. I tried to copy/paste a picture....but I can't figure out how on my iPad! Google NCL Sky images and you will be able to see the small port hole next to the sliding doors!

Have fun!!!!!

Found the link with the pictures! It was a thread that I started when I was going to book 8202 - then found out about 9202 - then opted for the OS! Anyway, this should answer some of your questions!!:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1037692&highlight=ncl+sky+9202

We are in 8201 three weeks from now.... We picked this one over 9201 because of the bigger deck/hot tub. I would imagine the deck might be bigger for 8202 also.

We are in 8201 three weeks from now.... We picked this one over 9201 because of the bigger deck/hot tub. I would imagine the deck might be bigger for 8202 also.

8201 is my all-time favorite suite! But the difference between yours and the OPs is Owners Suite vs Penthouse. The deck for 8201 is HUGE and so is the hot tub! The ones on deck 9 seat two...if that! Only problem I've encountered is the lights from the hot tub were too bright for the bridge.....so, we had to turn off the lights which in turn empties the tub! :( Only reason I'm telling you this is....after the second night without the hot tub, I figured out the problem! The covering for the lights in the hot tub were missing! You can bet the first thing I did was call the Butler and he got it fixed right away! Nothing like sitting in the hot tub at midnight....looking at all the stars......ahhhhhhhh!!!!:D

8201 is my all-time favorite suite! But the difference between yours and the OPs is Owners Suite vs Penthouse. The deck for 8201 is HUGE and so is the hot tub! The ones on deck 9 seat two...if that! Only problem I've encountered is the lights from the hot tub were too bright for the bridge.....so, we had to turn off the lights which in turn empties the tub! :( Only reason I'm telling you this is....after the second night without the hot tub, I figured out the problem! The covering for the lights in the hot tub were missing! You can bet the first thing I did was call the Butler and he got it fixed right away! Nothing like sitting in the hot tub at midnight....looking at all the stars......ahhhhhhhh!!!!:D

We are looking forward to doing the same! Here's a funny question and sorry op not related to your initial post. Is the Hot tub actually "hot"? I've read conflicting reports.

We are looking forward to doing the same! Here's a funny question and sorry op not related to your initial post. Is the Hot tub actually "hot"? I've read conflicting reports.

Well......not for long! The water comes out pretty hot but cools off considerably. All I did was empty some of it before dinner and run in more hot water. We let the Butler know what we were doing so it wouldn't overflow....he was happy to keep an eye on it!

Deck 8 is also better than 9 because of the overhang.....sometimes you just need a bit of shade!

Thanks everyone! Since were are on the shorter trip with the sky we decided to save a few bucks and picked the penthouse over the owner's suite. I'm excited about plenty of sun, around the pool is usually crowded.

If anyone else has any advice or pics please share. :D

Thanks everyone! Since were are on the shorter trip with the sky we decided to save a few bucks and picked the penthouse over the owner's suite. I'm excited about plenty of sun, around the pool is usually crowded.

If anyone else has any advice or pics please share. :D

I linked pix in post #3!!!

Archived