Boynton Beach Area?

GTO-Girl

We are driving from the Atlanta area to catch a cruise out of FLL. I have made reservations for us to stop in Fort Pierce, but in looking more closely I see that Boynton Beach would put us less than 1 hour from the port (versus 1 1/2 hrs from Ft Pierce). We can still get decent rates at the Hampton Inn there, but was unsure what to do.

Could someone tell me which would be the better area? I'm just a little bit nervous about being 1 1/2 hrs away from FLL on the day we sail....:o

If you are talking about the Hampton Inn on Gateway Blvd., There is no problem with that Property. You can check the Courtyard by Marriott on Congress as a comparison.

The Hampton Inn has restaurants across the street and to the west of it. Very close. The Courtyard has restaurants across the street and to the south of the property.

Good thing you have your car - crossing the street on foot could be real busy and in the dark - not recommended. Going west and/or south from either hotel

is fine.

We live in a town next door to Boynton and are there all the time. Nice city with alot of amenities.

MaryAnn

The Hampton Inn (Gateway) and Marriott (Congess) in Boynton are safe bets. Allow me to recommend Village Tavern, Boynton Beach Ale House, Slainte Irish Pub, and AgliOlio near there. There are aslo a Chilis and a Carrabbas and Bonefish Grill.

Or you can go further south and stop in Delray Beach. On Atlantic, there is a Marriott resort right on A1A across from the ocean. Or you can choose the Marriott Residence Inn a block west of the Marriott resort. There is a higher end SeaGate resort almost across the street from the Residence Inn. There are many restaurants within walking distance of the Delray Beach hotels. Walking is safe on East Atlantic. On A1A, let me recommend Luna Rosa, Boston's, and Burger Fi.

Or you can shoot a little further south to Boca Raton. Turn west off 1-95 onto Glades and there is a Marriott right there on Glades Road. There are many fine restaurants within walking distance of this Marriott. There is also a fabulous mall, Boca Town Center, just a few blocks further west. It has nice restaurants too.

There is an Embassy Suites in Boca Raton off of i-95 and Yamato Road that is very solid as well. You get the 2 hour Happy Hour and a complete breakfast in the morning . . . plus free parking, pool, gym, etc. You would be about 35 minutes away from the port. There are restaurants all over within a 4 mile radius of the hotel. I think the rate around that time of year is $99 a night.

We were able to get a great rate at the Hampton Inn in Boynton Beach, so we have moved our reservations to there. Looks like it's about 45 min to the port which will work out great for us.

Thanks to everyone for their great advice!!!

Archived