Lomonosov & Faberge - Where to Buy?

My wife and I will be on a Baltics cruise in August. We are using RO for our days in St. P. Given that time will be limited, I would love to get input on the best place to shop for a couple of specific items:

1) Lomonosov porcelain - which one shop/store would have the best selection & pricing and be convenient to stop in during our two days with RO?

2) Faberge - for reproduction eggs and other Faberge-inspired items that are produced by Faberge today -- where would we find these in St. P. We are looking for items that are actually produced by Faberge today and not Faberge-type copies of lesser quality. Also, does anyone know how does the pricing for these items in St. P. compares with prices in the US. For example, I know Nieman Marcus offers a fair selection of items produced by Faberge. We'd like to buy something in St. P. as a remembrance of our trip, but I don't necessarily want to pay a lot more for it in St. P than I would pay here in the US.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

If you go to the web site for the Hertimage, click on shopping and you will find the replicas of the Faberge Eggs. They have prices listed so you might get an idea of what is available and some of the prices. I am thinking if I don't get all my shopping done that I want to, I might just order something from there when I get back!

I purchased faberge pendants at Oneagin, Babuska and the RO store. I also heard there was a Lomonosov factory store somewhere in St. Pete, but don't know where it is. If you are using RO, they will surely know where it is.

Mary Lou

We were in St Petersburg at the end of May on the Constellation. I understand that Lomonosov has a large store in the outskirts and a smaller store on or near Nevskiy pr. We did not stop there, however,

The place to buy the best quality Faberge objects is Ananov, I believe the address is 31 Nevskiy.

http://www.ananov.com/

Lomonosov shop St Petersburg

There are several shops that sell lomonosov porcelain but the most easily accessible is the one at 7 Valdimirskiy Prospect. Traveling up Nevsky Prospekt away from the Admiralty turn to the right at the next traffic lights past the four horsemen bridge. The shop is on the right hand side about 200 yds along. It opens at 10 or 11 am.They have the same prices as the factory shop. There is a security guard on duty thre, but still watch out for pickpockets. Also your tour guide will do his/her best to dissuade you from going there, because it is not one of 'their' shops, so you have to be quite firm. They take credit cards and rubles, they will also ship the porcelain for you but it is quite expensive. They pack it very well anyway and I have had no problems taking it back as hand luggage (apart from the weight!) Their website is http://www.lfz.ru. If you have your own visa then the Lomonosov factory itself is an interesting visit, they have just refurbished the museum there - now part of the hermitage - and that is a good trip as well. It is however quite a way out of town so if all you want is the porcelain then the one on Vladimirskiy is great. Happy shopping!

• 1 year later...

Constellation had a shop which sold actual Faberge products when we were aboard in late Aug./06. One of the larger eggs, about 6-9 inches high, I would say, in ivory and gold with a palace as the "prize" was selling for $3,000 US. It was extremely lovely, but way beyond our price range.

Archived