Carnival Valor ~ 2/10/13 ~ 3day Cruise Review with Pictures!!!

willow028

What time did you get there? I usually show up at cruise ports 11-12 and find no line. And glad to hear Security didn't grab your camera since they have that stupid rule no of no taking pictures in the terminal. Good luck stopping it when people can take pictures with their phones and even glasses now, and they won't even know you are taking a picture.

Knew I forgot something! We checked out of our hotel right at noon and headed to the terminal - because of the late sail, I believe it's a later check in start time in San Juan - people were still getting off the boat/getting luggage when we arrived. It ended up working out perfectly for us time wise as mere mortals who had to stand in that long line! :) They'd been calling zones while we waited, but by the time we were through (a half hour I'd estimate at the most) they were done with that.

And I swear I FORGOT about no pictures! I saw the BIG sign as we were standing in the security line but totally missed it getting into this line ~ phew!

LOL - NO - we don't have to hop into barrels! They have real life boats! It's my understanding those barrels contain inflatable rafts for crew members who aren't responsible for the life boats (be glad you aren't a crew member if that's the case!).

Oh, Thank goodness! I honestly would prefer to jump off the side of the ship than get into that barrel thingy! Ive never sailed on Carnival before so I was really believing that is what we had to do (of course, only if something terrible happened).

Thanks again for your review! My cruise is in May! I cant wait!!! :D

VERY NICE job. Saling the Valor on 8/4 southern itinerary 7 days.

Can't Wait.

Any suggestions about bringing a bottle or two of alcohol on board with you? I am not talking about wine since I know you can bring one bottle per person. Was there a duty free liquor shop in the terminal??

Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks for the review. We got off the Valor on the 10th. We had a fabulous cruise and several nice days in Puerto Rico after. I wasn't aware that the cruise following ours was only 3 days. I just assumed it would be another 7 day Sunday to Sunday.

Oh, Thank goodness! I honestly would prefer to jump off the side of the ship than get into that barrel thingy! Ive never sailed on Carnival before so I was really believing that is what we had to do (of course, only if something terrible happened).

Thanks again for your review! My cruise is in May! I cant wait!!! :D

HAHA - sorry, didn't mean to confuse you! I've got a pic of the front of the ship that does show the real life boats so rest assured at no barrel floating! Muster though was about that disorganized that one could easily have concluded you WERE supposed to jump in the barrel!

VERY NICE job. Saling the Valor on 8/4 southern itinerary 7 days.

Can't Wait.

Any suggestions about bringing a bottle or two of alcohol on board with you? I am not talking about wine since I know you can bring one bottle per person. Was there a duty free liquor shop in the terminal??

Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks! Yep, several duty free shops in the check in area - and as you stand in line there are quite a number giving away free samples - we only drink beer but were joking you could probably get good and smashed just taking advantage of all of them while you waited!

Let's just say...this was the only port I've ever embarked from that didn't even open my carry on bag after it went through the x-ray thingy to make sure my soda was really soda - let alone do more thorough checking! :cool:

HAHA - sorry, didn't mean to confuse you! I've got a pic of the front of the ship that does show the real life boats so rest assured at no barrel floating! Muster though was about that disorganized that one could easily have concluded you WERE supposed to jump in the barrel!

Thanks! Yep, several duty free shops in the check in area - and as you stand in line there are quite a number giving away free samples - we only drink beer but were joking you could probably get good and smashed just taking advantage of all of them while you waited!

Let's just say...this was the only port I've ever embarked from that didn't even open my carry on bag after it went through the x-ray thingy to make sure my soda was really soda - let alone do more thorough checking! :cool:

GREAT - thanks Willow028,

I am not looking to bring on cases of alcohol, maybe a bottle or two. I have read that San Juan was the easiest port to do this, but I am a worry wort, so I will be thinking of this until we acutally cruise in Aug.

• 1 month later...

Hi, willow028. Nice review. We'll be on the Valor in 19 days!

Please give me your opinion on this:

Our CC group is talking about having an informal Meet 'n Greet at 9:30 PM or right after muster by the Sky Dome on Deck 10 so we have a good view of SJ at sailaway. Do you think this will work out okay?

Archived