Trying to narrow down our packing list...

lola4795

If my teenaged son shows up in the MDR on any given night (including formal night) wearing the picture below, will he be turned away from the dining room?

FYI: That is not my son, and he doesn't own that exact outfit. It is just a sample from American Eagle.

728025476_ScreenShot2013-02-19at1_32_43PM.jpg.cfa52aa20b8256de9748cb1da050d5f0.jpg

If my teenaged son shows up in the MDR on any given night (including formal night) wearing the picture below, will he be turned away from the dining room?

FYI: That is not my son, and he doesn't own that exact outfit. It is just a sample from American Eagle.

Our grandson, 15 years old, almost always wears sneakers, jeans or jean shorts and t-shirts. We ate in the MDR every night on our Legend cruise and he was never turned away.

I don't see a problem. I have seen a 40+ year old man wearing jeans and t-shirt on formal night in MDR, his wife wore a very dressy cocktail dress.

I have never seen someone turned away for their attire.

oddly enough i have seen young man get tossed (asked politely by the maitre'd) but he was not with his parents. either way, he will be underdressed for any night other than the initial boarding day.

Wow, I am surprised..What line/ship was this with and do you think they would have re-acted differently if he was with his parents?

I knew someone whose luggage was lost and did not catch up for several days. He was truly embarrassed, but had to wear his very comfortable travel clothing for a few days even in the MDR. He said he felt like wearing a sign that said " Yes I know what formal wear is, but my luggage is lost"

I think he is dressed appropriately for every night except elegant night. It states no jeans on elegant night but says it is ok for jeans on other nights. years ago this would not have happened (not saying it is wrong) just that things are more relaxed now. My Grandsons wear basically the same outfit but on elegant night, because Nana says so they wear dark pants and a nice button down shirt.

oddly enough i have seen young man get tossed (asked politely by the maitre'd) but he was not with his parents. either way, he will be underdressed for any night other than the initial boarding day.

While I don't personally know about getting turned away, I have to disagree with him being "underdressed". Our teenage sons have pretty much worn this same outfit (as did most of the teen boys) on our last 2 cruises. They did add a tie and khakis on formal/cruise elegant and steakhouse nights, though, but that was because I wanted them to and they obliged. If it looks like a pic from AE, Hollister or Abercrombie, for teen boys, he will be fine!

Edit to add: As far as narrowing down what to pack. Our kids packed one or two pairs of pants and one or two button downs or polos total. They only wore them to dinner and would change right after (assuming no spills occurred during dinner!)

Archived