Packing Light?

I know everyone keeps saying, 'pack light' What does that mean? I was planning on an outfit for the day and an outfit for dinner/evenings as far as clothing Does this sound adequate?

What did you bring that you didn't use?

Thanks!

:D On my first coupla cruises, seems I packed the entire closet!

With age comes wisdom! I have now learned to do a lot of mix-and-match type clothing. One pair of black strappy sandals will go with one pair of black pants and 2-3 different tops! A coupla pair of shorts and different tops. One pr. of slipons for deck and ports. Things like that help me pack much lighter theses days.

I know everyone keeps saying, 'pack light' What does that mean? I was planning on an outfit for the day and an outfit for dinner/evenings as far as clothing Does this sound adequate?

Thanks!

Sounds good, if this is your first cruise you will probably bring too much, but as long as you dont go over the airline weight restrictions and you can easily carry or roll you bags its not a big issue. Have a great cruise.

On my 14 day transatlantic, I wil be washing clothes a couple of days. The plan si to bring a backpack and 29" pullman w/suiter.

I saw a couple once that had well over 10 bags for a 7 day cruise.:eek: They drove to port so weight wasnt an issue...Im guessing they changed clothes after every course in the dining room.

I saw a couple once that had well over 10 bags for a 7 day cruise.:eek: They drove to port so weight wasnt an issue...Im guessing they changed clothes after every course in the dining room.

That probably wasn't us that you saw, but it almost could have been. We almost always drive to the port, so why pack light? 2 large garment bags, 2 large rolling suitcases, and a couple of other bags also, for 7 days.

Thanks!

That's what I thought and packed accordingly - - it was still too much. I did as others mentioned - mix and matched - different tops, same bottoms. Lots of time spent in bathing suit & cover up - so didn't use day time outfit for those days.

HAVE FUN!

"Packing light" to my wife and I means one airline carry-on legal rolling suitcase and backpack for each of us for indefinite travel length. You just have to be willing to do laundry. :) That said, our idea of packing light is not the same as most people's!

My son and I stuffed everything in one 22" suitcase. We don't want to bring anything else. He brought 3 pair of shorts, 3 bathing suits, 8 t-shirts, a pair of dockers and a dress shirt. He will be wearing his jeans and a long sleeved shirt.

I am bringing 3 pair of capris, one little black dress, 8 tops, 2 bathing suits and a couple of pareos. I will be wearing jeans. We will each bring one additional pair of sandals.

But hey, I am not out to impress anyone. I am there to have a good time with my son. No dancing in the disco either... ;)

(ps: we will be gone about 14 days in total)

If you are on a 7-day cruise, don't be surprised if you eat in the dining room only five nights. On both 7-day cruises we ate at least 2 nights in the buffet. On the two five-day cruises we skipped formal dinner 1 night.

Pack black pants but a couple different tops. That will minimize what you need for the dining room.

on "at sea" days, I just wore my bathing suit with a cover up over top. I packed way too many "shorts/tops" outfits, I basically just wore them on excursions. although I do stand by that everyone needs atleast 2 bathing suits.:) I skipped dinner in the dining room one night, we were just tired from 2 ports days back to back and wanted to relax a bit, grabbed a bit from the deli/grill/buffet that night.

Our first cruise we packed our entire closet NOW four cruises later we pack 2-3 bating suits a few pair of shorts (we use them twice) and dress clothes and we even pack light for that. The hubby brings two pair and switches them since we are the type that changes after dinner. and I pack sund dresses athat I can wear the next day to shop and then we always stay in a swim suit for sea days Just do what your comfortahle if you dont' you will worry the entire week

Archived