New knee

Spike&Jane

I just got a full knee replacement and I wonder how Princess security handles medical implants. I just never noticed anyone pulled a side for addition screening. Does anyone have any experience with this type of situation. Thanks in advance. Spike

I just got a full knee replacement and I wonder how Princess security handles medical implants. I just never noticed anyone pulled a side for addition screening. Does anyone have any experience with this type of situation. Thanks in advance. Spike

My Mom has a total knee and we cruise every year. I'll have her post a response to your question. I don't remember having any problems with Princess but I know she is pulled aside by TSA at the airport.

My Mom has had a total knee replacement and we cruise every year. I'll have her post a response to your question. I don't remember her having any problems with Princess but I know she is pulled aside by TSA at the airport. They don't give a hoot about the card the doctor gives you.

DW has two knees and a hip, and sometimes the scanner goes off and she gets pulled off to be checked with a wand. It depends on how sensitive the machine is set.

My DW has had both knees and both hips replaced (she's bionic!). She sets off the detector so she gets hand wanded each time she goes through security getting on or off the ship. It's no big deal. Just tell them you have had the knee replacement and they will know what to do.

Both DH and I have replacements in both knees. We usually do not have any problems going through Security. Once in a while we will get wanded but that is about it. My newest one was done January 17 and I will be embarking the Golden to Hawaii on March 27. The cruise was my incentive to do my PT and behave myself. Go for it and enjoy!! :)

I have a knee replacement I when I come back on the ship I get pulled aside and they use the hand device and I tell them about the replacement and Iam on my way. Sometimes its doesn't set the alarm off and some times it does.

Implant in 1986 and only place this causes a problem is air port, Princess must not have there machines set very high, as I have never set it off.

My husband and my friend traveling with us both had total knee replacements donein 2012. Everytime we went through the scanner, my husband set it off and they would take him aside and scan his knee..they came to know who he was. As for my friend, she never set off the scanner.....could not figure that one out. But it is not a big deal..they sre so accustomed to all those knees setting off the scanner.

eclue;)

I have had my knee replaced, if I set off the alarm I tell them about my knee. They will wand you and send you on your way. Before I go through the metal detector, I make sure I don't have any other metal in my pockets. This helps the people behind you so your not fumbling trying to empty pockets.

Archived