[B] * Saving a buck on Florida outlets: Take a taxi there yourself? [/B]

MsMontreal

I find it outrageous that Carnival wants to charge $60pp to take a bus to the Florida outlet malls.

I know from previous cruises with Cunard that you can simply get off the boat, flag down a taxi yourself to go to a beach, or to a shopping area, instead of wasting a ridiculous amount of money to be herded like cattle onto a bus.

And if you are going with another couple like we are, for the combined $360 busfare, you could hire a bloody limo to take you someplace!

So can anyone tell me: how far away from Port Canaveral are the outlet malls in Orlando, and what kind of taxi fare would be reasonable? I imagine it will be less than $360 round trip! Right?

I find it outrageous that Carnival wants to charge $60pp to take a bus to the Florida outlet malls.

I know from previous cruises with Cunard that you can simply get off the boat, flag down a taxi yourself to go to a beach, or to a shopping area, instead of wasting a ridiculous amount of money to be herded like cattle onto a bus.

And if you are going with another couple like we are, for the combined $360 busfare, you could hire a bloody limo to take you someplace!

So can anyone tell me: how far away from Port Canaveral are the outlet malls in Orlando, and what kind of taxi fare would be reasonable? I imagine it will be less than $360 round trip! Right?

Orlando is 45min - 1 hour away......so a taxi is going to cost you $$$$. I'm sure there are some shuttle services that maybe could take you cheaper, but not 100% sure.

Call Michael at Executive VIP limo and if he cannot help you he could give you some good advice. He's a local guy there in Canaveral who gets very good reviews on this board. (sorry I don't have the number, but he does have a website).

Hope this helps....

At least an hour or more depending on traffic. But try to calm down. Take a cab anywhere you like. Carnival offers a service and you do not have to avail yourself of it if you do not wish to. I simply get off the ship and do what I like all the time. :)

They charge more for excursions than you can get on your own for everything, it's the convienence of not having to find a taxi, and knowing if there's a pileup on the highway, and your shuttle is an hour late, they'll wait, in a taxi... youre on your own.

Yes, but Canadian Citizens now need an international driver license in Florida.

Yes- you are partially correct about this. They announced it on Monday, but there was such an almighty fuss up here, that Florida announced they will not enforce the law. It was all over the news this week, CBC especially.

But thank you for mentioning the above! Anyone unclear on it can google the info further.

Yes- you are partially correct about this. They announced it on Monday, but there was such an almighty fuss up here, that Florida announced they will not enforce the law. It was all over the news this week, CBC especially.

But thank you for mentioning the above! Anyone unclear on it can google the info further.

FHP won't enforce it, that doesn't mean that the car rental places as well as local police and sheriffs deputies won't.

Archived