Epic stop in Nassau?

racnwdow

For those that have stopped in Nassau aboard the Epic? Did you have time to do a non-shipped sponsored excursion? Was it worth going to the beach (with a daypass) with the late start in the tanning time? Not sure when it gets dark.

And recommendations based on experience?

We did the day pass at the Hilton. Easy walk over, swam in the beach/pool and had a nice lunch. A really relaxing day.

We had been in Nassau a week before on the Breeze and did a walking tour (http://www.frommers.com/destinations/newprovidence/0251010008.html). You'd have plenty of time for that and a little shopping.

We were on the 1/12 sailing. DD wanted her hair braided so we did that first then walked to Junkanoo (the free public beach) since water temp is cool in January, then took a leisurely walk back stopping for lunch and shopping in the areas around Bay street. We had plenty of time. It starts getting dark around 5. By sail away, it was full dark.

We were on the 1/12 sailing. DD wanted her hair braided so we did that first then walked to Junkanoo (the free public beach) since water temp is cool in January, then took a leisurely walk back stopping for lunch and shopping in the areas around Bay street. We had plenty of time. It starts getting dark around 5. By sail away, it was full dark.

If you don't mind my asking....where did you get her hair braided and *gasp* how much did they charge per braid? I will have two young girls with me....one with hair almost to her shoulders and the other with hair just past her shoulders. I know it sounds silly....but I get the feeling I'm going to need to save up for this!! :eek:

Archived