NCL Epic - July 2013 - Room Size space questtions.

NCSunshine

We are a family of 5 (2 adults/3 children - 17,15,11 at the time of the cruise) who are looking to do the Epic in the Med in mid July. We sailed on the Jewel in a Family Suite (with all the perks) in 2009 to the Baltic, so we are familiar with the Haven Suite setup (although I understand the ones on the Epic are slightly smaller than the ones on the Jewel).

Having not done the Epic, would we be better off doing 2 adjoining Balcony or mini-suite cabins (that don't come with all the perks) in relation to room size and having the larger cabin space for 2 of our children, rather than a smaller bedroom as part of the Haven suite?? (did that make sense??)

You don't have to convince me that the money spent on the Haven would be better because of the perks.. I'm just more interested in room size etc..(turn around space, sleeping space, 2nd bathroom space etc...

any information would be greatly appreciated

Can anyone point me to "real life" photos of these cabins.. The ones on the website really can't see them and would really like to see an actual layout/floorplan of the rooms that I can't seem to find on the NCL website.

thanks for any information you can give.

Get a balcony or mini for the two of you and the 11 y ear old, and put the teens in an inside across the hall. You will have to book one adult in the inside with one of the teens, but you can switch once on the ship

• 2 weeks later...

We booked for August 2013 and we have a 21 yr old and 18 yr old. We will be staying in a Haven 2 bedroom family villa. The square footage looks to be the same. 245 ft for a mini suite including balcony, (so double that would be 500 sq ft) and 506 sq ft for the family villa. I wanted my kids to have the same perks as we will, so I booked the Haven. Plus we'll be able to get away from the rest of the ship. I suppose it depends on how much you want to save, but there does not seem to be an advantage in square footage.

Archived