Boarding QM2 on a HOT Summer Day in NY

Paul NH

Can some people advise whether short pants are acceptable when boarding the QM2 in hot, humid weather? I was originally planning on wearing light khakis, button down shirt, and a blazer for tomorrow, but the forecast is in the 90's and HUMID. I would hate to try and maintain a dressier standard only to find most passengers reasonably dressed in lighter attire.

Paul

Definitely, shorts! No one will look down on you if you wear a pair of tailored shorts with a collared golf shirt or short sleeved dress shirt. Good grief, it is going to be 90F!! Dress for comfort and enjoy yourself! Way too much worry over attire. Most others will be in comfortable clothing or wishing they were.....you can bet on it!

Can some people advise whether short pants are acceptable when boarding the QM2 in hot, humid weather? I was originally planning on wearing light khakis, button down shirt, and a blazer for tomorrow, but the forecast is in the 90's and HUMID. I would hate to try and maintain a dressier standard only to find most passengers reasonably dressed in lighter attire.

Paul

You know the old saying - "Mad Dogs and Englishmen go out in the noon day sun" Expect to see more better dressed than not.

When I board the QM2 in Rio next January I plan in being attired in a blue seersucker suit, oxford cloth button down shirt, bow tie, bucks, and a straw boater. (The average temp for Rio in January is in the 90'sF). I still need to buy the suit and bucks though, but January is still a ways off! I also figure, as we get closer to Cape Horn I might have to keep these togs in the cupboard till we're farther north again!;-)

Archived