Customs and Immigration

sotiris

We will be doing a 14 Canada/New England cruise which starts in Quebec City, winds its way down to Boston and then returns to Quebec City. We are Canadians and I was wondering where we would go through Customs and Immigration.

Not an earth-shattering matter. Just an "I wonder" one. :confused:

firstly. you will need a passport I believe..even though you leave and come back to the same canadian port, as far as I know since its reaching an international port you might want to look into whether you need a passport. You don't want to be caught without one if you need one.

We are canadians too.. I believe you will not encounter customs at all on this itinerary, but still need to "clear" before you board the ship.

Thanks for the info. We have our passports so that's no problem. Our first "foreign" port is Bar Harbor on the way down and coming back into Canada it's Halifax.

It was just one of those things that came up today when we were talking about going to the States and crossing borders.

We will be doing a 14 Canada/New England cruise which starts in Quebec City, winds its way down to Boston and then returns to Quebec City. We are Canadians and I was wondering where we would go through Customs and Immigration.

Not an earth-shattering matter. Just an "I wonder" one. :confused:

Are you planning to stay on the ship in Boston? You may be asked to take your passports and go through Customs and then re-board the ship.

Archived