Best Western Pierre - San Juan

Tracy&Jason

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Now that we are back I figure I should post for future cruise critic members!

We stayed at the Best Western Pierre pre-cruise from Dec. 31-Jan. 2. It was your average tourist class hotel. Our room was clean but very small and a bit on the shabby side. The breakfast served was very basic (cereal, toast, pastries, juice & coffee) but it did the trick. This hotel worked for us because we didn't spend much time there but a resort it most certainly is not! It did, however, have a really nice patio where you can sit outside for breakfast.

On the plus side, it is located about a block and a half from Bebo's (a very tasty Puerto Rican restaurant) and across the street from a Pueblo's (supermarket where you can stock up on pre-cruise items like snacks, wine & beer if you so desire).

We did encounter a problem with the responsiveness of the staff. We ordered a rollaway bed before arriving and it took 4 phone calls and a visit to the front desk to get it delivered and that was after 1:30 am...we made our first call around 11:30 pm that evening. Every time we called they told us it would be brought right up. No one followed through on this and I have a feeling that if we were not persistent they would have forgotten entirely.

I would stay here again if the price was right and if it was just for a few days. However, we preferred the Holiday Inn Express hands down over the Best Western Pierre. This is where we stayed post-cruise and it is in the same same price range.

Archived