Boarding ship in Seward, Alaska after cruise tour?

avalon007

Hi,

We are doing the pre cruise tour #12 in Alaska that ends in Seward the day the cruise section departs.

Does anyone know what time the tour arrives in Seward & if:

1. You have time to see any of Seward.

2. You have to line up to board like normal or if boarding is priority since you are actually continuing on with Royal from the tour to the ship portion of the holiday?

There is very little land tour itinerary information available from Royal.

Thanks.:)

Hi,

We left the cruise tour in Alyeska and made our own way down to Seward on the train from Girdwood. This gave us the opportunity to take the Kenai Fjords tour prior to boarding.

We checked in as normal. I don't recall seeing any specific lines for people from the Cruise tour.

Blog in sig below.

Hi,

We are doing the pre cruise tour #12 in Alaska that ends in Seward the day the cruise section departs.

Does anyone know what time the tour arrives in Seward & if:

1. You have time to see any of Seward.

2. You have to line up to board like normal or if boarding is priority since you are actually continuing on with Royal from the tour to the ship portion of the holiday?

There is very little land tour itinerary information available from Royal.

Thanks.:)

It arrives around 11am and yes you have plenty of time. Matter of fact, I am taking my grandson to the Seward Sealife Center for a tour at 1pm and plan to be at the ship around 3pm. I think we will check in first since we have time before the tour, have lunch onboard and then go to the sealife center

Hi Robinhill,

Where did you find the info regards the tour arrival time in Seward of 11am?

I can't seem to find any detailed info on the tour part at all on the Australian Royal Caribbean web site or in their brochure.:confused:

I wonder if they check your luggage straight through to the ship from the bus like in connecting flights, or if you check it in yourself?

I'm also wondering what boarding is like in Alaska regards boarding times, will they let you board early even if your boarding time is later in the day?

In recent times in Sydney they have started 'enforcing' boarding times due to the limited space in the overseas passenger terminal. Although all suite or C&A members had a priority boarding line, is that the same in Alaska?

:)

Hi Robinhill,

Where did you find the info regards the tour arrival time in Seward of 11am?

I can't seem to find any detailed info on the tour part at all on the Australian Royal Caribbean web site or in their brochure.:confused:

I wonder if they check your luggage straight through to the ship from the bus like in connecting flights, or if you check it in yourself?

I'm also wondering what boarding is like in Alaska regards boarding times, will they let you board early even if your boarding time is later in the day?

In recent times in Sydney they have started 'enforcing' boarding times due to the limited space in the overseas passenger terminal. Although all suite or C&A members had a priority boarding line, is that the same in Alaska?

:)

if you are going to seward via train from anchorage which is what most of the cruisetours offer then they only leave at 6:45 from Anchorage and arrive at 11:05am in Seward. I have done it two years ago. This is Royal Carribean I am speaking about. You can check your luggage all of the way through to the ship when you board the train. It is a beautiful scenic trip down. You will love it. They(the cruise tour) usually give you the choice to take the bus or the train. I am doing this same thing in June and I will check in at the ship upon arrival, have a little lunch onboard and and then leave to go to the Seward Sealife Center to do the octopus encounter tour and see the rest of the center with my grandson. I hope this info helps.

Archived