Can I Wear Any Color Gown?

This Is My First Cruise And Im So Excited. I Look Forward To Dressing Up On Formal Nights. I Have A Question. Is There Any Color As Far A My Gown That I Should Not Wear. I Know Black Is Very Formal But I Would Like To Step Away From Black And Wear Another Color. Something Elegant Of Course! I Have Several: Royal Blue, Gold, Red, White And Pink. Any Opinions? Thanks So Much!

I threw out my black dress a few years ago and replaced it a jewel tone purple gown and a sea foam gown - I feel so much more alive wearing beautiful colours rather than black. Nothing wrong with black but feel free to express yourself in colour.

Cheers

My last cruise, I ditched the classic black and wore a red floor length gown. Red is my favorite color and I felt more like me, as opposed to being at a funeral. I did wear black for the other formal night, but I through in a gorgeous pink beaded wrap and transformed into from blah to bang. My theory, wear what you're comfortable in!

Black isn't my favorite color of dress to wear but I have a cute dress that is classic and goes a little below my knees. I'm pretty sure it's like a circle skirt, kind of like a fifty's style skirt, and it has hot pink tulle underneath that barely peeks out, but at least it makes it look less 'serious'. I plan on wearing this on one of the informal nights or perhaps one formal night, but we will see considering I have several formal dresses I can wear from dances and such (I'm a teenager). Anyway, go with whatever color dress you like. The only two colors that I would recommend anyone stay away from is a very florescent (sp.) green or yellow, as those colors on clothing tend to be a bit much. But hey, if that is your thing, then good for you!

Archived