Cairns-Mombasa or Mombasa-Singapore

curiousx

I'm trying to make up my mind between the Spirit Cairns-Mombasa (March 2006) or Mombasa-Singapore (Novemeber 2006).

I am sure they are both wonderful but would appreciate any advice. I am an avid snorkeller and fan of small islands.

Many thanks.

I am going on the Spirit from Cairns in MArch 2006 (leaves on the 19th.) but Im not going to Mombasa:confused: ...and as far as I know, neither is anyone else on the ship! Maybe you have the wrong itinerary?

thanks all, and apologies - my decision is between Cairns Singapore (March) or Mombasa-Singapore (November) !

Now that I have the dates straight (I hope), I'd still appreciate your advice.

Oh, and also what would the weather be like during those cruises ?

For the March cruise

Av. temps range from Hi 91F (Darwin) to Lo 66F (Cairns) in April, mostly mid-80s for highs and mid-70s for lows. Average days of rain in most ports that month are between 11-and 17 days with measurable rain. Pretty average tropic and sub-tropic weather.

November cruise not that much different. Virtually all ports average from Mid-80s to Mid 70s for hi/lo. more rain, though, with average 8 (Maldives) to 21 days (Sunatra/Penang) in the month of November. Most of that will be afternoon showers, prob'ly.

As we sit here, there is an apparent firehose on my window from TS Arlene dousing Miami.

Soggy but unbowed,

bgood

Archived