Leaving tomorrow! Cozumel question...

We sail on the Sensation tomorrow... I am a little nervous about this tropical depression that is brewing... what happens if it heads our way???

This will be my third visit to Cozumel. The first two cruises, we took a cab to Chakkanaub and snorkeled...which was wonderful... This trip, I'm wondering if there is another beach that is equally as beautiful with maybe even better snorkeling???

Any feedback would be sooo welcomed!

Thanks!

Lisa

Paradise Beach is supposed to be very nice, but the snorkeling is not as good. We went to Playa Corona where the snorkeling is great, but there is no beach. There is another great place for snorkeling, it is something like Dzul Ha?

Our first cruise was on the Sensation and we sailed in a tropical storm. What an adventure that was! First, we had to stand by another Carnival ship that had become disabled in the Gulf until the tugs could get to it. No problem! Next, we missed Grand Cayman because the waves were too high to safely tender. Still no problem. We ended up getting to visit Playa del Carmen and Cozumel. A lot of people were angry over the weather, delays and missed port and disembarked at the first port. Not us! We thoroughly enjoyed each and every moment.

The Captain will make every effort to plot a course away from bad weather. Hopefully, your cruise will not be affected by the tropical depression out there. If it is, try to make the best of it and have a great time! :)

This trip, I'm wondering if there is another beach that is equally as beautiful with maybe even better snorkeling???

Any feedback would be sooo welcomed!

Thanks!

Lisa

If you want good snorkeling - and no crowds. Go to www.cozumelinsider.com, find the coupon for Palmar Estate Beach Club. Print out the directions & a coupon for each person in your party. The pool and facilities are on one side of the street and the beach the other. They'll bring chairs over to the beach which is small, but has trees if you want some shade and the snorkeling is very good. I do fish surveys when I dive - and counted 39 different species. Have fun!

TxTeachers,

Did you need a coupon for everyone in your party for Palmar Beach Club? We are planning to do exactly what you suggested when we leave 6/19 on Elation. But I just printed one coupon for the 4 of us.

When you went to Dzul Ha, are you saying Palmar people took chairs over there for you? I have been getting the impression, from lots of reading these posts, that the folks at Dzul Ha expect you to buy some drinks or food there. Did you find that true, or did you just snorkel and then go back to Palmar to eat, clean up, etc?

39 types of fish - wow. I just bought a reusable underwater camera. Hope those fish are hanging around.

Debbie

We sail on the Sensation tomorrow... I am a little nervous about this tropical depression that is brewing... what happens if it heads our way???

Triumph1.JPG

Livetojump....WOW what a picture!

MS...Don't worry just go with the flow and you will have a good time. Think of the cruise as an adventure and just have fun. If something happens then you will just have more material to talk about when you get home from your cruise. Have a great time! and be safe!:)

We absolutley LOVED paridise beach!:p The food is excellent and they have nice beach chairs. I was really not crowded. We are not into snorkeling... we just like lounging on the beach. So for that it is perfect. The beach is free but to use the water activities there is a $5 charge. There is a trampoline and iceberg as well as kayaks and snorkel gear. Oh and there is beach side massage and of coarse hair braiding and some small shops with island flair. I highly recommed it. :D

Archived