Dry DOCK

christhree

Watched last nite - really interesting. It was neat watching the modular cabins being brought in. The fires between the decks opened my eyes a bit too.

Dayton Cruiser where did you get the Liberty picture????

That show is very interesting to me in a number of ways:

1. Only 23 Days to complete all of that work! Wow, no wonder why people who work for cruise lines get burnt out.

2. I wonder if that clock will be fixed. Did you see the reaction by all of the crew when the Architect was going around looking for parts. They would just roll their eyes and chuckle "Yeah, right, fix the clock." Funny.

3. Yeah, um, fire on a ship is bad, bad, bad, bad.

4. It seemed, or I got the impression, that they were more concerned with getting the ship back in the water to make more money then with safety of workers. Listen to the captain and safety officer when they rank important points during their meetings: 1. Safety, we can't have this ship on fire, 2. Control your hot zone work this ship can't catch fire it will lose profitability, 3. No one gets hurt. It seems the corporate culture of the cruise business is sucking the money out of the passengers pockets as quickly as possible. Was that just my impression?

5. And the best part, the show is about a Royal Carribean Ship, but virtually every commercial break the very first commercial: CARNIVAL. Classic competion

T

4. It seemed, or I got the impression, that they were more concerned with getting the ship back in the water to make more money then with safety of workers. Listen to the captain and safety officer when they rank important points during their meetings: 1. Safety, we can't have this ship on fire, 2. Control your hot zone work this ship can't catch fire it will lose profitability, 3. No one gets hurt. It seems the corporate culture of the cruise business is sucking the money out of the passengers pockets as quickly as possible. Was that just my impression?

I took #2 to mean...look guys, I know you want to get the work done in 23 days but if you have a major fire it will take months to get the ship back on-line. What's worse, miss the 23 day deadline by a couple of days or possibly lose the ship for a couple of months?

And the best part, the show is about a Royal Carribean Ship, but virtually every commercial break the very first commercial: CARNIVAL. Classic competion
That made me laugh to. You would think RCCL would have made some sort of agreement to at least show their commericals or better yet - not allow the competition to have commericals during that time. :rolleyes:

Archived