NCL Alaska Hotels

sharke

The Alaska land tours through NCL are new this season. We were going on the Sun primarily for the land tour and Denali, but there has been very little information available. Customer service didn't know anything even though it is in their online brochures. It took forever over the phone when we tried to book it. And the itinerary provided is very skimpy on details. I got nervous because of how poorly NCL has handled this and cancelled my whole cruise and land tour. It just wasn't worth it given the few details provided and lack of knowledge by their staff. I was afraid of getting of the trip and encountering a disorganized nightmare given that we never did get good details when we asked.

Instead I booked an Alaska land tour on my own and skipped the cruise. I think NCL needs to work on how they promote this, educate their employees, and provide more details to those who book.

We r booked for the Denali Express pre-cruise land tour along with the Sun departing Sept.2/13. I specifically asked about the hotels on this tour as my sister who will be travelling with us is a diabetic (she's never cruised before) & it makes it easier for her if there is a fridge in the room. This is the hotel list I was given:

Anchorage...Sheraton, Clarion Suites, or Millenium

Denali..Grand Denali Lodge, Bluffs or McKinley.

We r booked for the Denali Express pre-cruise land tour along with the Sun departing Sept.2/13. I specifically asked about the hotels on this tour as my sister who will be travelling with us is a diabetic (she's never cruised before) & it makes it easier for her if there is a fridge in the room. This is the hotel list I was given:

Just out of curiosity, I'm assuming your sister is on insulin? Has she spoken to her doctor about getting on the flex pen? They're good for 28 days without refrigeration once they're open. You really don't need to worry too much about having a fridge anymore. Have fun!

Thanks for info. We are booked on first cruise of the year so it should be interesting. We love an adventure and NCL. I'm sure they are working out the details & there is always a learning curve but I have faith they will come thru with flying colors.

Archived