Scooter Rental

Can anyone comment on their experience renting a scooter for their cruise/s?

I will taking my 88 year old father on Allure of the Seas this summer. He will be in a wheelchair or rented scooter for most of the "traveling" portion of the trip as well as on the cruise ship to get around. He can walk very short distances. We do have a handicapped accessible room for him.

Thanks for your insight.:)

I used a scooter on my Radiance cruise and it was wonderful to have the freedom to get about and go where I wanted.

The crew was amazing. Only real issue I had was using the elevators..... other passengers not always patient.... The scooter needs to be kept in the room and not in the corridor.

I used this company. The scooter was in the room when I arrived and fully charged.

Happy to answer questions.

I REALLY wish they enforced this rule!

We had a corner aft cabin and the steward said it would be ok to leave it outside but I felt that it would be blocking some kind of staff access door and refused. We moved the coffee table out and the scooter took its place. Manoeuvring into the cabin was a bit of a challenge as the door was standard size but the scooter is really easy to turn.

DH has rented a scooter for our last 2 cruises. Both times we had them delivered to our hotel (you pay a little more for hotel delivery) as we flew in a few days before our cruise We made arrangements for an accessible cab to take us to the port.

Every once in a while you do encounter someone who is rude at the elevators and will try to jump in front of you as you you are trying to get in, but we have found that to be the exception as most people are willing to hold the doors and help out.

DH loves the freedom the scooter gives him, without it he can only walk very short distances without stopping to rest.

Can anyone comment on their experience renting a scooter for their cruise/s?

I will taking my 88 year old father on Allure of the Seas this summer. He will be in a wheelchair or rented scooter for most of the "traveling" portion of the trip as well as on the cruise ship to get around. He can walk very short distances. We do have a handicapped accessible room for him.

Thanks for your insight.:)

My sister used a scooter when we went on the Allure & she used the same company as Norberts Niece mentioned- very good service, the scooter was in the room & ready to go. Also we had a handicap cabin & you'll be amazed at the size, it's almost like a small suite & the bathroom was huge & the shower great. When you get to the pier terminal you'll be able to get a wheelchair for your Father that RCCL provides & he'll be wheeled onto the ship. Yes some people are not considerate of people in scooters but overall my sister did fine. I was born in Plainfield, Jersey but now live in Ohio! Linda:)

Check this page:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/accessibleseas/mobilityImpairment.do

I used "Special Needs at Sea" and it could not have been better. The scooter was in the cabin when I arrived and I left it there when I departed. It was in perfect working condition and appeared to be new.

Having the scooter on the Freedom made the cruise so much more enjoyable.

Have a great cruise.

Every once in a while you do encounter someone who is rude at the elevators and will try to jump in front of you as you you are trying to get in' date=' but we have found that to be the exception as most people are willing to hold the doors and help out.

Let's see, mental picture. My wife on a scooter trying to get on an elevator with her 6'2" 245 lb. husband holding the door while wearing his favorite " Support Your Local Bandidos M/C " shirt, and someone tries to cut me off. Doesn't look like a fairy tale ending for someone.

Archived