Epic on Miami time zone or St Thomas time zone?

jkoj

I am planning my port days and need to clarify exactly what time to tell tour operators. I am trying to do an all day sail / snorkel trip and most don't get back on time for the 4:00 departure.

I hope my memory is correct so others can jump in too.

I belive Epic uses all local times on the islands. I remember turning the clocks ahead right before porting in St Maarten. We did not turn the clocks back an hour until we left St Thomas to to to Nassau.

Those are the only 2 time changes I remember the whole cruise. So St Thomas is not the Miami time and of course neither is St Maarten

Ships run on local time. The only thing that you NEED to get a close watch on is: what time you will need to back on board. As a rule, you will need to be aboard 1/2 hour before the scheduled sailing time. when you need to be back on board will be clearly stated in the Freestyle Daily and by the gangway. If you book an excursion through Norwegian and it is late getting back to the ship, the ship will wait. If you book an excursion on your own, and that excursion is late in getting back, the ship will wait only a VERY few minutes and then She will sail with or without. If you miss the ship, it will be up to you and at your expense to either get to the next port of call, back to Miami or your home.

Most tour operators are keenly aware of the boarding and departure times for each ship. When we did the fishing trip in Ketchikan the operator even guaranteed that we would be back in time or they would fly us to meet the ship in the next port.

I hope my memory is correct so others can jump in too.

I belive Epic uses all local times on the islands. I remember turning the clocks ahead right before porting in St Maarten. We did not turn the clocks back an hour until we left St Thomas to to to Nassau.

Those are the only 2 time changes I remember the whole cruise. So St Thomas is not the Miami time and of course neither is St Maarten

You are correct.

Archived