Dry Cleaning & Pressing turn around time

jt58203

Our cruise departs next Saturday. We might need some pressing (maybe even some dry cleaning done) before Sunday nights formal. If our items are given to our room steward Saturday night before dinner, do you think we'd have them in time for Sunday night? I'm really not a fan of dressing up and would be happy to eat in the buffet that night, but asking the question for DH.

We've always had good luck getting our formal wear pressed in time for formal night. We always call our cabin steward and personally give him/her our clothing explaining when we want to wear it and we've never been disappointed.

I never press our clothes anymore before we pack. I give them to the cabin attendant when we board. The prices are very reasonable.

On Equinox a couple of weeks ago, we were delayed boarding due to them cleaning the ship as the sailing before ours had an outbreak of Norovirus. Subsequently, by the time our cabin attendant got our clothes for pressing, it was after 6 p.m. The following evening was formal night, so we left a note that we needed one of my husband's dress shirts by the next evening. We had everything (about 17 items in all) back the next afternoon and we weren't charged an expedited fee.

I love the way they press and it's so affordable.

Our cruise departs next Saturday. We might need some pressing (maybe even some dry cleaning done) before Sunday nights formal. If our items are given to our room steward Saturday night before dinner, do you think we'd have them in time for Sunday night? I'm really not a fan of dressing up and would be happy to eat in the buffet that night, but asking the question for DH.

Below is a link to the prices of the laundry service. In that link they mention a surcharge to get items back more quickly. I have given my clothes to the steward right after sailaway and have never had a problem getting them back. We also don't do things at home but wait until we are on board.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqResults.do?faqSubjectName=Ship+%26+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&faqSubjectId=70

Standard service on laundry is two day service: Laundry sent in one morning is back before dinner time the following day.

Expedited service provides same day service for a 50% surcharge. Laundry sent in the morning will be back before dinner time the same day.

Normally laundry has to be sent in by morning time to meet the above schedules. The printed form says 9AM but the stewards seldom take it by then so ask them how early they need to receive it. On some cruises the stewards have indicated that if we give them laundry on embarkation day afternoon, or early evening, it will be ready the next day at the standard charge but on other cruises they've said we need to pay the 50% expedited surcharge to get it by the next afternoon - so ask first.

Archived