Tahiti and her Islands weather for August?

I am sailing Tahiti in August which I know it is high season so I would think the best time to go weather wise...However after reading Jan Prine's Tahiti book she has me scared mentioning needing three blankets to sleep in August becuas eit is so cold. Also, she says that the south produces huge wind and rain storms that can last for days. I thought it was their dry season?

Has anyone been there in August to tell me what kind of weather they experienced?

We've been to Tahiti and her Islands three times, all in August. We had perfect weather each time, very little rain and the temps. were between 80-86 approx. It is the tropics, so I guess maybe what Jan Prince might have meant is anything can happen weatherwise! Next time we go back, it will be in August again, hopefully, next year.

I am SO glad to hear that!! This is a once in a lifetime trip for us and I would have hated to go if things were as she described. Thinking about it maybe SHE needs three blankets when it hits 70 degrees there!! LOL

Thanks for easing my mind!!

Archived