Getting credit for past

outdoors27

Ok, I have looked back through the 23 pages of stuff here and did not find anything that looked like it could answer my question. I finally crawled up into my loft today and located my old pictures from when I was a kid and sailed on the Mardi Gras and Festivale. These picture were taken by Carnival.

I have been told and thought I read a while ago, that I could submit these pictures as proof to carnival that I did indeed sail on these two ships, since they do not keep records of past sailings from the early 80's. I'm hoping to get credit for these two cruises. I know with the VIFP program things have changed, but these 2 cruises would either add 12 days for me under the VIFP Program or 2 cruises under the old format.

These are my questions

1) Has anyone on heard of this and tried this before?

2) Who do you contact with Carnival to try and get this credit if its possible?

3) If you mailed in old pictures as proof did carnival return them to you? Since they do have value and have both my deceased parents in them

Thanks for your help everyone and for some reason there is a post floating around on this topic I apologize as I tried to do my best skimming this topic here.

Rich

Ok, I have looked back through the 23 pages of stuff here and did not find anything that looked like it could answer my question. I finally crawled up into my loft today and located my old pictures from when I was a kid and sailed on the Mardi Gras and Festivale. These picture were taken by Carnival.

I have been told and thought I read a while ago, that I could submit these pictures as proof to carnival that I did indeed sail on these two ships, since they do not keep records of past sailings from the early 80's. I'm hoping to get credit for these two cruises. I know with the VIFP program things have changed, but these 2 cruises would either add 12 days for me under the VIFP Program or 2 cruises under the old format.

These are my questions

1) Has anyone on heard of this and tried this before?

2) Who do you contact with Carnival to try and get this credit if its possible?

3) If you mailed in old pictures as proof did carnival return them to you? Since they do have value and have both my deceased parents in them

Thanks for your help everyone and for some reason there is a post floating around on this topic I apologize as I tried to do my best skimming this topic here.

Rich

We did this three years ago for credit on Mardi Gras. We sent the official embarkation picture and current photo via FAX, so no worries about having the photo lost.

Here is what I first received via email from Carnival:

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Carnival only started keeping track of past sailings and issuing past guest numbers in 1995; guests who sailed with us prior to that date would not show up in our database. We will be happy to enter these older sailings into the system manually and update your cruise history but we will need to verify your past sailings with Carnival Cruise Lines.

Please provide one of the following:

• Payment receipt (credit card statement; invoice; confirmation)
  • Boarding pass
  • Cruise documents
  • Sail and Sign card with your name
  • Sail and Sign statement
  • Embarkation Photo with ship and sailing date and current photo ID.

Mail to:

Carnival Cruise Lines

3655 NW 87th Avenue

Miami, Florida 33178-2428

Attention: Past Guest Verification

Mailstop: MSPX- 460-S

Or

Fax to: 305-406-6156

*If faxing or mailing information please be sure to include your past guest number or name, address, phone number, date of birth and email address along with your proof of sailing. This will ensure that we update the correct profile.

If there is anything else we can do for you please don't hesitate to ask.

Cordially,

Susan Weiss

Guest Care Department

Carnival Cruise Lines

Since this was three years ago, I am not sure who is there now or if the contact information has changed. It took several weeks, but then the credit was applied and I received an email confirmation. It will also show up in your history that you can check online by looking at My VIFP and then My Cruise History. I do not believe that this is anything that a PVP could handle, but I could be wrong on that.

I hope that this helps you. We are now happy platinum cruisers under the old and new rules :p

We did this three years ago for credit on Mardi Gras. We sent the official embarkation picture and current photo via FAX, so no worries about having the photo lost.

Here is what I first received via email from Carnival:

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Carnival only started keeping track of past sailings and issuing past guest numbers in 1995; guests who sailed with us prior to that date would not show up in our database. We will be happy to enter these older sailings into the system manually and update your cruise history but we will need to verify your past sailings with Carnival Cruise Lines.

Please provide one of the following:

• Payment receipt (credit card statement; invoice; confirmation)
  • Boarding pass
  • Cruise documents
  • Sail and Sign card with your name
  • Sail and Sign statement
  • Embarkation Photo with ship and sailing date and current photo ID.

Mail to:

Carnival Cruise Lines

3655 NW 87th Avenue

Miami, Florida 33178-2428

Attention: Past Guest Verification

Mailstop: MSPX- 460-S

Or

Fax to: 305-406-6156

*If faxing or mailing information please be sure to include your past guest number or name, address, phone number, date of birth and email address along with your proof of sailing. This will ensure that we update the correct profile.

If there is anything else we can do for you please don't hesitate to ask.

Cordially,

Susan Weiss

Guest Care Department

Carnival Cruise Lines

Since this was three years ago, I am not sure who is there now or if the contact information has changed. It took several weeks, but then the credit was applied and I received an email confirmation. It will also show up in your history that you can check online by looking at My VIFP and then My Cruise History. I do not believe that this is anything that a PVP could handle, but I could be wrong on that.

I hope that this helps you. We are now happy platinum cruisers under the old and new rules :p

Thank you very much this is exactly what I was looking for.

Do the pictures have the ship name and date on them? Others have posted about this before, something like an embarkation photo or old formal night photo can help make your case if they have ship name and/or dates.

Best of luck in your quest as this will make your scheduled summer cruise a Platinum affair.

Do the pictures have the ship name and date on them? Others have posted about this before, something like an embarkation photo or old formal night photo can help make your case if they have ship name and/or dates.

Best of luck in your quest as this will make your scheduled summer cruise a Platinum affair.

Yes, it was an official CCL embarkation photo with the ship's name showing. We had to guess a bit on the dates...knew the month/year for sure but not the exact date. They were great to work with on that...no problems.

Yes, it was an official CCL embarkation photo with the ship's name showing. We had to guess a bit on the dates...knew the month/year for sure but not the exact date. They were great to work with on that...no problems.

Yeah, the ship name in OPs case will be enough to help date it being from the '80s.

Yeah, the ship name in OPs case will be enough to help date it being from the '80s.

I hope I'm not out of luck as both pic's were from formal nights and I was shaking the hand of the Captain. The pictures are not dated but they have the ship name printed as part of the boarder on the lower right hand side and are still in the original card board frame/holder they came in. Hopefully they will accept this.

Archived