Snorkeling at Governor's Beach

Caribbean Beach Bum

• 4 weeks later...

I talked to someone on another message board, he said he loved the walk-in snorkeling and was able to see many different types of aquatic life on Gov Beach. He also said it was nice to get away from the masses at the Cruise Port beach and be able to relax!

I'm looking forward to going to Governor's Beach when we sail on June 2

Hope this helps!

Thanks, Packerman52! If I may ask one more question, how do you intend to get to Governor's Beach? Just walk up the beach?

Never mind! Found answers to my own query on another thread:

"You cannot walk directly on the beach to Governor's Beach. You have to go out through the cruise center and turn left and walk along the roadway. We met people who walked and said it took them about 25-30 minutes. They ended up getting a ride back with us on our golf carts."

and

"You'll enjoy all of what Grand Turk has to offer. We walked to Governers Beach (about 15-20 minutes), swam and snorkled for a couple of hours and walked back through Jack's Shack and then the beach back to Margaritaville. Enjoyed the Pool, drinks and atmosphere. "

Thanks, Packerman52! If I may ask one more question, how do you intend to get to Governor's Beach? Just walk up the beach?

Never mind! Found answers to my own query on another thread:

"You cannot walk directly on the beach to Governor's Beach. You have to go out through the cruise center and turn left and walk along the roadway. We met people who walked and said it took them about 25-30 minutes. They ended up getting a ride back with us on our golf carts."

and

"You'll enjoy all of what Grand Turk has to offer. We walked to Governers Beach (about 15-20 minutes), swam and snorkled for a couple of hours and walked back through Jack's Shack and then the beach back to Margaritaville. Enjoyed the Pool, drinks and atmosphere. "

Glad you enjoyed it!!!! I can't wait to go! We are going to do the Beach excursion through the cruise line...don't want to bring my gear since we are trying to pack lite and I don't know how much walking I can do since I just had spinal fusion surgery in October (being in the water is much much different then being on land). I'm hoping Gov's beach isn't too crowded when we go!

Archived