Explorer in cape liberty

vaca1981

We are sailing on Explorer in July and driving to the port since we live outside Philadelphia. The ship docks back in NJ on a Thursday. My question is if we do self walk off can we leave the ship at anytime or are we required to leave first thing? We are trying to avoid the lovely NJ turnpike traffic and would rather get off the ship after 8:30/9 to do so. Or are we better off just being assigned a walk off time.. Never sailed out of Bayonne so I appreciate all advice and suggestions!

Walk-offs are usually expected to go off first thing but I don't think it would be a problem not to. If you don't want to "lug" your luggage though, just wait for an assignment and if you don't like the time, you can always go to guest services and trade for a new time.

Vaca1981,

Honestly, on a Thursday, if you want to avoid traffic southbound, wait until at least 9:30a or 10a. Any earlier and you will hit normal commuter traffic. If you get on the turnpike @ 10am, you will be home by lunchtime (or a bit later depending on where you are around philly).

Archived