Veranda on Silhouette

Ercohn

I am looking to book a veranda cabin on a December 2013 sailing on the Silhouette. There are so many choices, Aqua, Conceirge, Sunset, etc. all within the same price range. I am familiar with the benefits and more specificially concered with securing a good cabin in a good location.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

ERica

Just faced that dilemma; we opted for a 1B on the hump (so good views both fore and aft) and chose a cabin midship right by the elevators. I like the idea of being able to access my cabin easily without a hike (and we are both able-bodied!).

I think on S class the perks of CC and AQ are overrated and not worth much, unless you need the extra point toward Elite status. So far on S we have cruised AQ, CC, and FV, so this was an informed decision.

Of course this is just my opinion--and others will give theirs, so it's really what matters to you.

Good Luck!

I am looking to book a veranda cabin on a December 2013 sailing on the Silhouette. There are so many choices, Aqua, Conceirge, Sunset, etc. all within the same price range. I am familiar with the benefits and more specificially concered with securing a good cabin in a good location.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

ERica

We love AQ because we love the Blu but that doesn't mean that you will like it, too. Without knowing your preferences it's hard to help. F.e. we prefer the AQ in the foremost part of the ship without the large overhang (1540 was great, very quiet). But our friends prefer the shadier ones more in the middle. If you don't want the Blu and the Spa perks a sunset cabin might be a good choice because of its nice view. Whatever you take have a great cruise!

Maria

As noted, everyone is different.

We book mid-ship, lower level balcony, port side (7th deck). No Aqua or Concierge. We do always want a balcony, however.

Why that particular location? Because we get less rocking motion (front to back) and less rolling motion (side to side) by being centered on the vessel, port side has no possibility of cigarette smoke wafting into our space. Our choice is to be 5-7 doors north of the center elevators as well. That way we don't experience them in our room, but we do have good access.

Of course, we aren't picky at all. :p

As noted, everyone is different.

We book mid-ship, lower level balcony, port side (7th deck). No Aqua or Concierge. We do always want a balcony, however.

Why that particular location? Because we get less rocking motion (front to back) and less rolling motion (side to side) by being centered on the vessel, port side has no possibility of cigarette smoke wafting into our space. Our choice is to be 5-7 doors north of the center elevators as well. That way we don't experience them in our room, but we do have good access.

Of course, we aren't picky at all. :p

Sounds like a good plan.

We try to book a cabin on the slant, but you have to act early. We've been on the hump itself, also a nice choice. We like the midship for the same reasons as Tampa Jim, just on this ship Deck 7 near the elevators - you get the early morning coffee experience in the Tree house. Worth it.

Beth

Correction ... I must have already been day dreaming about our trip when I listed our preferred location. It should read starboard side, not port.

As noted, the "Hideaway" on Deck 7 is an attraction as well. I can always head toward the bow, stern or a higher level when the weather is suitable. If not, we can stay in our cabin low and centered - letting others enjoy the roller coaster ride.

We try to book a cabin on the slant, but you have to act early. We've been on the hump itself, also a nice choice. We like the midship for the same reasons as Tampa Jim, just on this ship Deck 7 near the elevators - you get the early morning coffee experience in the Tree house. Worth it.

Beth

We just returned from the Silhouette and we were in a cabin on Deck 7 just around the corner from the Hideaway. We were really looking forward to getting our early morning coffee there, but were very disappointed when we discovered that the coffee wasn't available until 9:00 am! We are early risers so we still had to go up to the buffet area for our morning cup of coffee. We didn't understand why the coffee wasn't available in the early morning when a lot of cruisers are looking for it.

Correction ... I must have already been day dreaming about our trip when I listed our preferred location. It should read starboard side, not port.

As noted, the "Hideaway" on Deck 7 is an attraction as well. I can always head toward the bow, stern or a higher level when the weather is suitable. If not, we can stay in our cabin low and centered - letting others enjoy the roller coaster ride.

:D I started to correct you about the port and starboard. Glad I read on. We choose almost the same location as you do and for the same reasons. We go for deck 7 and there are only three or four cabins that meet all our qualifications. :o We have to book early to get our choice and we request "no upgrade" because we don't want to be moved. We have 7236 this April.

I like deck 6 midship on or close to the hump. The aft cabins are too far from the elevators. Silhouette is a very big ship. All veranda cabins are the same size. Pick a good location that works for you. Pay attention to what is above/below your cabin. Never book a cabin on the deck below the pool area.

Decks 6-11 are strictly rooms. That makes 7-10 apt to be the quietest, but nothing is guaranteed. IMO, you don't want to be immediately next to an elevator, but it is very nice to be somewhat near one. My preference is to be in the center since nothing is more than 600', forward or aft, plus a vertical elevator ride.

Decks 6-11 are strictly rooms. That makes 7-10 apt to be the quietest, but nothing is guaranteed. IMO, you don't want to be immediately next to an elevator, but it is very nice to be somewhat near one. My preference is to be in the center since nothing is more than 600', forward or aft, plus a vertical elevator ride.

Another reason, plus all the others you mentioned, that we like deck 7 is that there are cabins above and below as you noted. I wouldn't reserve on deck 6 mid-ship because the life boats are somewhat visible on that deck and there are public areas are below.

I prefer the forward slant. The verandah is huge (if you choose the correct 1A room). Also, it's easier to get than the hump Being on an upper deck allows me to run up a couple floors to the restaurant in the solarium or to walk down to dinner.

The setup for the elevators is pretty nice. As you approach, the door opens off the hallway and immediately closes behind you. It doesn't look like the cabins near the elevators should have any noise problems

Archived