Lost Luggage in Alaska

north texas

My son call last night from the Anchorage airport. They had got off a Carnival cruise yesterday morning after seven days. They had a land tour booked with Carnival in Anchorage with the coach dropping them off at the airport. They were to claim their luggage at the airport. Well most people on the coach could not find their luggage. There had been a mix up the night before on the ship that ended up with this group getting luggage tags three different times in three different colors. the final one was not the correct color but they were told everything would be okay.

They flew to LA and then home to Dallas....still no luggage. All four pieces they but out in the hallway on tuesday night are LOST.

What a way to end an anniversary cruise which had started with one piece of luggage arriving in the room with a ten inch cut down the side and things hanging out of it. They had to buy a new piece of luggage during the trip. They were told by Carnival that they would need to take the luggage to a repair shop and get a price to fix it sent to Carnival for reimbursement. Now that piece of damaged luggage is lost inside one of the four pieces lost.

I have only been on two cruises. One with RCCL and the second with Carnival. On both cruises my luggage was damaged. On Carnival, the luggage arrived at the room with the standing legs broke off. The suitcase was still usable but would no longer stand up. The last cruise with RCCL, the bottom bar that stands was broke when arrived at room, then the same piece of luggage was missing the wheel when we got off the ship. This piece of luggage had it. RCCL told me since I had insurance to take it to a repair shop and if it was more than $50 to fix, I must give them a receipt for the luggage and they would reimburse. I received the suitcase as a Christmas gift from my parents that year and they did not have the receipt. So I was told by RCCL insurance that they could not do anything. Anyway, next cruise in February, I am going to find some very cheap luggage to take on cruise.

The one benefit I had was that I did have all my possessions. Maybe it will get back to you soon.

Archived