Maui-what time to start tour

lotus land

We will be arriving in Maui at 8:00 am on May 14th on the Rhapsody and tendering in to Lahaina. What is earliest realistic time that we will arrive so I can book our private tour to start? We are planning to do the 12 hr Road to Hana tour since we are overnight in Maui.

Is it too late if we start our tour after we tender in?

Thank you for your help.

We will be arriving in Maui at 8:00 am on May 14th on the Rhapsody and tendering in to Lahaina. What is earliest realistic time that we will arrive so I can book our private tour to start? We are planning to do the 12 hr Road to Hana tour since we are overnight in Maui.

Is it too late if we start our tour after we tender in?

Thank you for your help.

I've tendered into Lahaina on Princess & the arrival time wasn't the same as when tendering would begin. As I recall arrival was at 7am but tendering didn't begin for another 30-60 minutes. Sometimes tendering can be delayed due to weather or harbor traffic to the small pier area so there's a chance that you won't arrive in Lahaina until 9 or so? On Princess their ship's tours & top level repeat passengers get priority for tenders which is another factor that may delay tendering.

With planning a 12 hour RTH tour it will be a busy day but it's hard to predict when you'd be in Lahaina. If you don't get a more definitive answer you might want to try the RCI board or your cruise's roll call.

Thank you for your suggestion AstroFlyer. I spoke with Mahalo tours again and they said they will be at the pier at 8 am when the ship come in. Since its a private tour, we can go at our own pace. Feeling much more comfortable after talking to them at some length.

Thanks again.

Again, remember that the time that will be listed is the expected time of anchoring. If RC is like Princess, passengers that will get priority for boarding the tender boats to the pier will be those on ship-booked excursions, those who are booked in high category cabins, and perhaps those with a certain level of cruiseline loyalty. So if you've been on just a few cruises with the RC brand and don't have an suite, you will be waiting just to board the tenders.

Archived