Excursions, better deal on board buy 3 get 4th free????

Hi everyone ;)

I may be going mad but im sure ive read on here somewhere a debate about when to book shore excursions and someone saying that they were told to book on line as cheapest option only to find once onboard an offer of buy so many and get one free , am i going mad ??? :confused::confused::confused:

Hi everyone ;)

I may be going mad but im sure ive read on here somewhere a debate about when to book shore excursions and someone saying that they were told to book on line as cheapest option only to find once onboard an offer of buy so many and get one free , am i going mad ??? :confused:

You're not imagining it Dreamgirl - here's the thread - post #8

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1792596&highlight=excursions+one+free

It's yet another confusing and inconsistent aspect of what they offer now - chance whether it's just on one itinerary, or on the Thomson/Louis managed ships - or all the ships???? :confused: Who knows - I suspect perhaps even they don't!!! Perhaps just a one-off desperation move on board to sell some more excursions - or perhaps not!!!

I do so wish they would get their act together so that we know what's going on and more importantly tell us!

Well I for one would not be a happy bunny if this happend.:mad:

It definitely says on the excursions site that it won't be cheaper on the ship.

I think you should get a discount, after all they'll have had our money for a few months.

Yes all seems total mess once again, think I'll book online but have words if cheaper on board .

Do wish they could sort out all these bits and bobs :confused::confused:

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk

Was in TA paying my balance they had a special offer on excursions I asked if I could book these now as looked at the price on the web and they were offering 40% cheaper was told I can only book this within 6 weeks of going as I am not going to July I didn't get the offer what's the betting when I go nearer the time the offer will not be on

Was in TA paying my balance they had a special offer on excursions I asked if I could book these now as looked at the price on the web and they were offering 40% cheaper was told I can only book this within 6 weeks of going as I am not going to July I didn't get the offer what's the betting when I go nearer the time the offer will not be on

This must be a new thing too then. We always book our cruise through a friend as she is a travel agent. When I wanted to pre-book our excursions last year, I said would it be of any benefit to her sales if she booked it for us but she said it wouldn't as they get no commission!

its usually a couple of quid cheaper (thats all) to pre book excursions online

thoms do say that 'the online price will never be beaten on board'

on celebration red sea itinerary, I worked outthat its about an £18pp saving to book the big 3 shorex online....but if they are giving away a free excursion if you book on the ship??...then it looks like it would be cheaper to book on board? (a clear breach of their above statement)....unless (of course) they have also hiked the onboard prices of the big 3??

smoke & mirrors eh??:(

If I had booked all three on-line, I'd be at Destination Services demanding my freebie! :eek: And despite my conciliatory nature - I wouldn't budge until they'd fulfilled their obligation on this one. It's just not fair!!!!!

We ought to start a list of issues we want Thomson to resolve in terms of clarity and consistency - AI, wine and beer packages, excursion costs, randomness of plane up-grades, sun bed hogging - is it being addressed and is it consistent? .......any more?

I was wondering if the "offers" only relate to the winter excursions & not summer 2013. The big excursions referred to may be 10 hour type trips which are not applicable to many summer cruises.

Also, the tour price online is the same as on board, as technically each trip is the same price. Its only a discount for tours plural!!!

Its interesting to hear about TAs hinting that their sales of excursions might become commission driven. I shall ask when paying our balance in the next few weeks. We were offered the opportunity to pre-book some trips by our Thomson TA for the stay part of our 2011 Turkey cruise & stay with Thomsons.

We were going to pre-book excursions for June 2013 but at the moment hold fire in case there are any developments.

its usually a couple of quid cheaper (thats all) to pre book excursions online

thoms do say that 'the online price will never be beaten on board'

on celebration red sea itinerary, I worked outthat its about an £18pp saving to book the big 3 shorex online....but if they are giving away a free excursion if you book on the ship??...then it looks like it would be cheaper to book on board? (a clear breach of their above statement)....unless (of course) they have also hiked the onboard prices of the big 3??

smoke & mirrors eh??:(

Thats about right GEO, Petra booked on line was £114, on board was £120. (only a 5% saving) Can't remember the others but were inline with that

Archived