Camp Carnival - 23 months?!

Gavbino

We will be cruising the Carnival Inspiration on 8/1/05 - and my son will be turning 24 months on 8/20/05. He is very matuer for his age, and is in Daycare with other children who are 2. He talks well already... How would they know if he was exactly two yet? I know that when I bring him aboard, I need to show his B.C. Do they give him a different colored bracelet, or how does it work? Any help would be much appreciated!!! :)

Hi! I'm sorry to say that, while I don't know exactly how they do it, they will know his exact age. I've been told that they go by the child's age on the day of embarkation.

For example, my son turned 6 half-way through our first cruise, which was in January. He was assigned to the 2-5 year old group (OK by me as his sister was 25 months...)

On the same cruise, we witnessed a VERY unhappy mom and dad who had an "almost two year old" - the camp counselors were very firm that the child was not eligible for the program.

I hope your experience is different, but I just wouldn't count on it, especially in August, when there will be lots of kids on the ship.

The good news is there are periods when the camp is closed that you can take your child to use the facilities, but he must be accompanied by a parent at all times. And, of course, babysitting from 10 pm to 3 am for a small fee.

HTH, and I hope you have a great cruise.

We will be cruising the Carnival Inspiration on 8/1/05 - and my son will be turning 24 months on 8/20/05. He is very matuer for his age, and is in Daycare with other children who are 2. He talks well already... How would they know if he was exactly two yet? I know that when I bring him aboard, I need to show his B.C. Do they give him a different colored bracelet, or how does it work? Any help would be much appreciated!!! :)

My cousin took his baby who was going to be 2 years old the day after we sailed and they wouldnt let him in the program.

They were ok with it.. By the end of the cruise the baby had stolen the show from the cruise director.. ;)

I remember seeing at orientation--when you turned in the paperwork (name, cabin, allergies, medical release form, etc.) to the appropriate counselor, they had a list of names and ages on it to cross reference with yours.

I don't know how they do the list--maybe under 2 aren't even on it.

They'll know his age by his passport or birth certificate. It's in the computer system, and they are NOT flexible AT ALL!

Unfortunately, he'll have to wait for next cruise to enjoy camp carnival. I assure you they DO NOTmake exceptions for anyone... if your son is 1 day shy of turning 2...they won't let him in.

My DD was 22 months when we sailed, and they said absolutely, no way!:mad:

Archived