Using Military discount and then orders get X'd

KiddieKruzer

My husband will be on military orders during my scheduled cruise. NCL has allowed us to book our cruise using the military rate even though my husband won't be in the cabin (because he will be on official orders). I have two concerns.

1. The cruise line says I have so many days to send them a copy of the orders to prove his deployment. His orders won't be cut until a few weeks before he leaves. Not sure how to handle as the cruiseline doesn't take into consideration future deployment.

2. What happens if orders get cancelled? After final payment date they'll recalculate the rate and ill have to pay CURRENT cruise rate!!!! Ouch! That could be way more than what I'm paying now!

I wish the cruise line would take into consideration future orders and allow more time to produce the documents and if the orders are cancelled outside of my control, they'll allow me to use my rate at original booking.

All this is risky to save $140!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

We had a cruise booked for an April 28 sail date. My husband was just notified that his Army school will last til April 30. I had to rebook for a later date & had to deal with the $50pp change fee that was assessed to the account. Once he received his official email (bc they don't cut "orders" for a school) I forwarded it to Guest Services & "respectfully requested to have the fees waived due to military needs". It took a couple of weeks to process (only bc it was during that horrible Triumph ordeal) but they waived the admin fees. IF you don't have another definite cruise date set, they can issue you a credit to use within 1 yr (I believe) for another sailing.

• 7 months later...

If it were me, I'd send them a copy of the orders as soon as you have them. Maybe call and see if you can get and extension. Then, if they are cxled, don't provide that information. Once they have the copy of the orders, you won't be asked again.

Archived