Miami Hotels

jftb0178

Hi there! My son and I are going on our first cruise in April and are very excited! We are flying in the day before and flying out the day after. I'm looking for some help with hotel ideas. I won't be renting a car and was hoping to find hotels that include some shuttles. Also I can't afford to spend too much so would like to keep it under 200 a night.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a pre-cruise hotel? One near the airport with a pool...won't be doing much but arriving later in the day, having a swim and some dinner...and then need shuttle to port the next day.

Also - any suggestions for post-cruise? Does anyone know about any hotels which offer a pickup from the port to their hotel? Somewhere we can store luggage while we wait for our room and go shopping or exploring? Near the airport or malls? With a pool? And shuttle back to the airport the next day?

I know its a bit of a laundry list, but we've never been to Miami before.

Thanks!

For your arrival day I suggest hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA - including the Hilton, Homewood Suites, Sofitel, and Hampton Inn -- all offer free airport shuttles and there are shopping and dining options within walking distance. Most hotels can arrange for shuttle service to POM for about $10-12 per person, or you can take a cab for about $30 including the tip.

Cheaper hotels near MIA offering free shuttles to POM include the La Quinta East and the Confort Suites North - but these properties are more isolated.

I know of NO hotels that offer free shuttles from POM after your cruise :( - but taxis are not expensive. ;) In downtown Miami check out the Hampton Inn (Mary Brickell), Marriott, Doubletree, Hyatt, Holiday Inn and Intercontinental. Taxi to any of these from POM will cost about $10-12+tip and all offer dining options nearby. Taxi to the MIA airport the next day will run about $25.

Good luck! :)

LaQuinta East - Miami Airport offers a shuttle to the port. I'm not sure about the return shuttle. I have read that there is not much within walking distance as far as restaurants or stores. They do have a pool and a free hot breakfast. We have a friend that stayed here pre-cruise with his two children and ordered pizza delivery instead of trying to taxi to a restaurant.

Sleep Inn & Suites - Miami Airport has really good rates and reviews. There is a 24 hr IHOP adjacent and a small store within walking distance. The hotel has a pool and free breakfast. There is a small fee for the port shuttle but the rate of the room may balance it out.

There is also a new Comfort Inn North - Miami Airport. I believe they have a cruise pkg as the hotel has has positive feedback from fellow CC'ers on this board.

Good luck to you.

:)

Thanks so much for the responses, I will check them out! Any ideas over by the dolphin mall, etc? Or are hotels by the airport close enough for that?

This site will give you an idea of some hotels, their rates and their distance from the Dolphin Mall.

http://www.booking.com/searchresults.html?src=searchresults&landmark=202481&latitude=25.7881&longitude=-80.381&order=popularity&ssne=Dolphin+Mall&ssne_untouched=Dolphin+Mall&error_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.booking.com%2Fsearchresults.en-us.html%3Faid%3D318615%3Blabel%3DNew_English_EN_USA_Search_Results-0bUSMimVvZ7yFQRxP8JlnQS18358876345%253Apl%253Ata%253Ap1%253Ap2%253Aac%253Aap1t1%253Anes%253Akw_inurl%253Aen.html%2523inurl%253Abooking.com%252Fsearchresults%253Aws%253D%3Bsid%3Dcf0f04300bd6db37e18c0328b4e22972%3Bdcid%3D1%3Bclass_interval%3D1%3Bcsflt%3D%257B%257D%3Binac%3D0%3Blandmark%3D202481%3Boffset%3D0%3Bredirected_from_city%3D0%3Bredirected_from_landmark%3D0%3Breview_score_group%3Dempty%3Bscore_min%3D0%3Bss_all%3D0%3Bssb%3Dempty%3Bradius%3D10.07%3B&aid=318615&dcid=1&label=New_English_EN_USA_Search_Results-0bUSMimVvZ7yFQRxP8JlnQS18358876345%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap1%3Ap2%3Aac%3Aap1t1%3Anes%3Akw_inurl%3Aen.html%23inurl%3Abooking.com%2Fsearchresults%3Aws%3D&sid=cf0f04300bd6db37e18c0328b4e22972&si=ai%2Cco%2Cci%2Cre%2Cdi&ss=Dolphin+Mall&radius=&checkin_monthday=12&checkin_year_month=2013-4&checkout_monthday=13&checkout_year_month=2013-4&in_a_group=on&org_nr_rooms=1&org_nr_adults=2&org_nr_children=0&group_config=&group_adults=2&group_children=0&dest_type=landmark&dest_id=202481

:)

Archived