Oceanview Rooms with Balcony/Pride of America

Ruth

Some of the BA (highest balcony category) have larger rooms (over 220 sq ft) and larger balconies (about 100 sq ft). They are located near the front of the ship; we have one - our room is 11026. When you call NCL they will confirm this, or your TA can call them and tell you which rooms are the largest. It took some checking on my part; my TA did not know this, but I read somewhere that there were some larger balcony rooms, so we went for it. What was really funny is we were originally booked in a BG and when we upgraded to the highest balcony category, which is BA, it was cheaper. We thought we got an incredible deal for 3 people; 2 days pre-cruise hotel and flights from Tucson to Honolulu. I had been looking for a good cruise deal for months and I jumped on this a few months ago and am glad we did! And to think we will be on a new ship and see Kauai--which to me seems like a dream place to visit.

Hi Donna...

Too funny, we are also booked into Cabin 11026:) for the exact reasons that you mentioned. We are set to sail on October 8th...how about you? I was a little worried when I saw the first pics of the ship; because it looked as if our cabin wasn't even there. But someone pointed out that those rooms are the 'family' ones, with the balcony dividers and I suppose they weren't in place when the photos were taken.

Cheers,

Sandy.

I checked my notes and the cabin is 233 sq ft and the balcony is 95 sq ft; it is a BA category and quite a bit bigger than the standard balcony cabin. However, it is near the front of the ship, so if seasickness is a problem, it is better to be midship; I do suffer from some sea sickness and takes meds when it hits, but love a big space and big balcony, so I think I will wing it!

LOL! We went with 10534 for the same reason - hoping that we were reading the deck plans correctly. According to the plans, these cabins are huge! Can't wait to see some pics and see how things are going!

cabin_PRIDE_AMER_BB.jpg

Cabin 10534

• Private Balcony (1)
  • Shower (1)
  • Crib (1)
  • Convertible Lower Beds (2)
  • Balcony Square Footage (61)
  • Cabin Square Footage (284)
  • Duvet
  • Refrigerator (1)
  • Hair Dryer (1)
  • Telephone (1)
  • Safety Deposit Box (1)
  • Television (1)
  • Oceanview Stateroom
  • Sitting Area (1)
  • Floor to ceiling sliding glass doors (1)
  • Forward Section
  • Port Side
  • Pier forward
  • Physically Challenged
  • Sprinklers
  • Internet access (1)

Thanks - the "physically challenged" portion worries me, we had no idea it had this classification - I don't want to take a handicapped cabin from someone that needs it. Anyone with experience with this - what does NCL do in this situation?

If I were you I would call NCL and see what they have to say about this; it would be nice if they had to give it to someone who is handicapped and then upgrade you, but if you ended up with a smaller cabin, that would be a bummer. I think the suites are pretty much sold out on Aug 6th but maybe at later times there will be openings; I would hope if the bumped you it would be to a higher category. Maybe some of the TAs on this board can answer you better than I did.

Wow, I booked my husband's parents on our upcoming cruise and didn't even know theirs was a handicapped room until I studied the map a bit. When my mom in law called NCL, they told her that they must have told me that it was. They truly didn't. The nice thing is that since booking, we found that we will need to take a wheelchair for my father in law. I'm sure it will work out for you. A call will make you feel better.

Archived