Questions about Southern Decadence weekend

cantwait4cruise

I heard that because Southern Decadence was scheduled Labor Day weekend, that we shouldn't plan on trying to sight see before our cruise Sept. 2. Is this true, that we should not try to get out and about and explore New Orleans because of the crowds, I can understand having to take extra precautions like keeping wallet in front pocket and things like that but willl french market, and garden district, parks be so crowded that we won't be able to enjoy ourselves

Unless you look for it, you probably won't even notice that Southern Decadence is going on.

It takes place mainly at the intersection of Bourbon and St. Ann, where there are a number of gay bars, and along other parts of Bourbon.

There is a parade on Sunday. I would not take kids to it, but we always find it entertaining.

The participants are, for the most part, well-behaved. They come here to party and not to cause trouble.

I heard that because Southern Decadence was scheduled Labor Day weekend, that we shouldn't plan on trying to sight see before our cruise Sept. 2.

I can understand having to take extra precautions like keeping wallet in front pocket and things like that

Lmao...I think you have your stereotypes confused.

Don't change your plans. Have fun. I'll likely be staying the weekend in town with some friends before my 9/1 cruise. When's the parade?

Archived