Dancing with the Stars

Ready 4 the next 1

We just returned from the first DWTS theme cruise. If you are a fan of this show, I think you would really enjoy it. DW and I do watch the show, although I miss it from time to time if it is competing with a football or basketball game I want to see. It was not a real factor is us choosing the cruise, but I have to say it added a lot to our time on board.

The activities included the DWTS folks putting on a show one night for the cruise. The pro's were Mark Ballas and Lacey Schwimmer. The celebrities were Joey Fatone and Sabrina Bryan. They also had a group of 6 other dancers as part of the cast who are associated with the show. The show they put on was terrific.

They also had a number of other activities including photos and autographs, a Q&A session, 4 sets of dancing lessons (we took part in 2 and had fun, but are not great dancers), a pool side fashion show with costumes from the show (very popular with the men poolside) ;)

Mark Ballas is also forging a career as a musician and singer. We had no idea what to expect, but he was really great. We were at the late show. Almost all of the DWTS crew were there having a good time and they got Joey up to sing a couple of numbers which was a lot of fun. Mark's girlfriend wrote the song "If I was a boy" which was recorded by Beyonce. She has a great voice in her own right and put on a very soulful performance for us.

Many of the cast members were out and about and friendly. If you are thinking about one of the future DWTS cruises HAL is offering, I would highly recommend going.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived