New eight day Southern Carib. cruises for Dream !!!!

bguppies

For those of us who do NOT want to drive to Miami or Fort Lauderdale, the southern caribbean from Port Canaveral is a great thing.

Bill

But for those of us who have to pay the airline a small fortune, we would like to see something new. The Breeze is doing that itinerary and I did that itinerary on the Freedom last year.

Oh boy! I see them! I really wanted the Breeze but I have to consider August 24, 2014 for my group on the Breeze!,,,

I meant I am really considering August 24, 2014 on the Dream! ;0)

I actually would prefer the Eastern 8 night itinerary but the prices are good, so we might be able to live with it!!

I meant I am really considering August 24, 2014 on the Dream! ;0)

I actually would prefer the Eastern 8 night itinerary but the prices are good, so we might be able to live with it!!

Ok so at 1 AM (New York time) all of the dates and rates were on the Carnival search feature, but they are gone again! Wondering if the rates I saw were for real now! ;0)

We would like to do BOTH of these 8-day itineries, does anyone know what is the best time of year weather wise to visit Aruba, Curacao, and Tortula.

This would help in selecting which dates to book.

We live close to the port and usually sail during Sept/Oct Dream eastern, and in St. Thomas and St. Marten a lot of the boat excursions as well as establishments on St John are either out of the water for rehab or closed for vacation.

I can't seem to find the "right" place to search for this information here on CC so I am hoping some of you can chime in.....thanks.

Susan

But for those of us who have to pay the airline a small fortune, we would like to see something new. The Breeze is doing that itinerary and I did that itinerary on the Freedom last year.

Well for those of us who live close enough to easily drive to Charleston, Jax, Tampa and Port Canaveral, but don't want the extra hours drive further south to Miami or Fort Lauderdale, we appreciate these great itineraries being brought north for the drivers.....

Maybe if the Dream's new itineraries are popular enough, this will spur Carnival to get more adventureous with their Miami itineraries....

Bill

Well for those of us who live close enough to easily drive to Charleston, Jax, Tampa and Port Canaveral, but don't want the extra hours drive further south to Miami or Fort Lauderdale, we appreciate these great itineraries being brought north for the drivers.....

Maybe if the Dream's new itineraries are popular enough, this will spur Carnival to get more adventureous with their Miami itineraries....

Bill

Bill, thank you for all the information and the time you have spent on passing it along. Sure helps with the planning.

Sandra

Bill, thank you for all the information and the time you have spent on passing it along. Sure helps with the planning.

Sandra

I just hope it goes live on the website asap, for everybody wanting to book the itineraries, with so few sailings available.

Bill

The cruises are now starting to come up on the Carnival website!!

I will keep checking in the next few days for prices. Did not see them listed on Carnivals website yet when I checked.

Where do you see the new dream itineries starting to come up??????????

I don't know if this link will work or not, but here it is.

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/SailingSearch/Search2/?dat=052014,062014,072014,082014,092014,102014,112014,122014,012015,022015,032015,042015&datFrom=052014&datTo=042015&shipCode=DR&StateCode=CA

It looks like they only have the beginning of 2015 up right now, and are slowly adding more. Probably throughout the night they will add the rest. It looks like they all should be up by tomorrow morning, but you never know.

I just booked one of the new itineraries (8 day eastern) and was able to get my choice of room for 2/20/15. Trying out one of the forward rooms on Lido with a window that looks out onto the secret deck. It's 2 years away but I will for sure be taking some cruises in between!

OK I can see them again now. But some of the sailing dates changed slightly and the rate changed quite a bit since that first night they had them up for a short while.

The balcony mid-ship on Empress Deck I priced at $2966 is showing $3348 now. The date and itinerary are also different from what was up there.

Originally it listed the 08/24/14 sailing as Eastern 8 night. (that was what priced at $2966)

Now it is showing an 08/23/14 sailing as Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk 8 night for $3348.

Weird!!

Now trying to decide to go with this or wait and see what the Breeze is doing and how much different the rates are...decisions decisions

OK I can see them again now. But some of the sailing dates changed slightly and the rate changed quite a bit since that first night they had them up for a short while.

The balcony mid-ship on Empress Deck I priced at $2966 is showing $3348 now. The date and itinerary are also different from what was up there.

Originally it listed the 08/24/14 sailing as Eastern 8 night. (that was what priced at $2966)

Now it is showing an 08/23/14 sailing as Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk 8 night for $3348.

Weird!!

Now trying to decide to go with this or wait and see what the Breeze is doing and how much different the rates are...decisions decisions

How many people is that price for in the cabin? I was looking at the March 20, 2015 sailing - it was coming up $2,650 (past guest) for our family of four in a deluxe ocean view. That is actually $500 less than I am paying for our cruise on the Breeze next March. I did check balcony prices and it was $3,250 for four of us. I do like the deluxe oceanview because we get the extra tub/sink bathroom which comes in handy for four people.

How many people is that price for in the cabin? I was looking at the March 20, 2015 sailing - it was coming up $2,650 (past guest) for our family of four in a deluxe ocean view. That is actually $500 less than I am paying for our cruise on the Breeze next March. I did check balcony prices and it was $3,250 for four of us. I do like the deluxe oceanview because we get the extra tub/sink bathroom which comes in handy for four people.

It's for four people on the August 2014 sailing. Ihave to travel when my boys are out of school, otherwise, there are some nice prices at other times! My husband has to have a balcony so we can't save $ that way!

Grrrr ... I can't find any cruises in 2014 or 2015 that would work well with DD's school schedule. The only week that we could possibly do this cruise is August 23, 2014 and there is no way I wanna be on the high seas somewhere between Port Canaveral and Aruba in the middle of Hurricane Season! :(

And, I wanted the August 23rd to be the Eastern with St. Maarten and Tortola. Not interested in Aruba. :(

YES, I'm booked:D

Oct 2014! Switch from the Breeze cruise to the Dream;), and saved $380:cool:

Been wanting to go back to Tortola, since the Triumph 06.

Wasn't happy when the Breeze switch ports for my cruise in April, did those ports twice already ( note to self) change signature :D

Love the port times for this cruise, and no Nassau ;)

Why is the first full week in April 2015 (7-day, Nassau, St Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk) so much more expensive that the first full week in April 2014 (7-day, Nassau, St Thomas, and St Maarten)? Is it the itinerary, or is that week a more common spring break week in 2015 than 2014 because Easter 2015 is April 5 and Easter 2014 is later in the month? I'm guessing the latter, even though both are spring break weeks for us. Which means that whatever itinerary the Breeze has for that week in 2015 is going to be even more expensive, I assume.

Archived