Upgrading My Cabin

We are leaving June 26th on the Pride out of Long Beach, my first cruise, My parents booked the cruise for everyone in our party through a travel agent. I called the Travel Agent to see if we could up-grade to a balcony cabin from an outside view cabin. total cost over $400 for my wife and I each. :eek: Yikes!! Can we upgrade when we get on the ship, should a balcony cabin be available, and if so how and what should we expect to pay? What would you suggest?:confused:

Thanks In Advance, Al

I've never seen a Carnival ship that would allow upgrading at the pier. In fact, there is usually a sign saying "full ship". I have only been able to upgrade at the pier on RCCL at a reduced rate.

If you want to upgrade on Carnival, you have to do it before you cruise and pay the full price to upgrade.

Thats a good question for those that are leaving tomorrow on their cruise, Maybe if they can check and see if they can ask about an upgrade when they board, I will be asking when I get on the Pride in Oct, since its a Inside just to see if they would do it and how much.

It's very rare that there are any unbooked cabins. Usually there's a sign at the purser's desk "no cabins available". Even if you should find a balcony cabin that's available, there would be no discount for the upgrade. Sorry.

Archived