Prohibition Party

beej

I'm sailing on the Oasis and Allure, B2B in October. Do they still do the Prohibition Party on either of the ships?

They only have it on the Allure, it is a great time. When it comes available I think it is under dining.

I'm sailing on the Oasis and Allure, B2B in October. Do they still do the Prohibition Party on either of the ships?

Allure, as it ties in with Chicago. My partner said it is a blast. Lots of fun and lots of good drinks made with Hendricks Gin

They hold it in the Jazz Club on Allure, and it's limited to about 60 people I think. You'll get a lapel pin and a password in your cabin before the event. When you to to the jazz club, you'll form a line to go in, and you wear the pin and whisper your password to a crew member dressed like a 20's gangster. You'll be led through some back hallways into the Jazz Club.

We did reserve it ahead of time on RC's site, under Dining. The risk you run if you wait to book it aboard is that it might be sold out since there is a limit to the number of people. You can book it aboard, though, assuming it's not already full.

It's great fun! There's live music, dancing, a fake horse race with fake bets, nice munchies, and really good gin drinks served in china teacups. When we did this, seemed like the majority of people (80-90%) dressed in 20's style. Some were very elaborate, and some just had a few props (like spats, long pearls, cig holder, etc.) We really enjoyed it!

Judy

It is held the 5th night of the cruise on Allure, it is listed under specialty dining and the limit is 50 persons, it is $35.00 a person. I signed up for it on Royal's site. I "think" they do keep a few spaces open for persons to book when they get onboard, wasn't going to take any chances.

• 3 weeks later...
Any recent feedback? I am reading some negative reviews so I wonder if we will enjoy it or just save our money by cancelling.

Not sure yet, I did see one post that said it was fun, I have a few props, still might cancel? How about you?:confused:

Last April I missed booking it online but was able to book it on the ship. It was a highlight of my cruise. Fun time, great drinks (included), some food, and great music! The staff really did a great job with it. I believe it was the same night as quest on our eastern cruise.

This event may not be for everyone. If you like to let loose have a few drinks, dance and enjoy a themed party this is for you.

Also watch out for the coppers....:cool:

We did the prohibition party last week on Allure and had a great time...that said, I also understand some of the recent criticisms of the event and think it could be better.

We were there with over a dozen folks from our roll call...brought costumes and really made it an event. I really enjoyed the music. The drinks were ok for me, but I agree they could have had better variety (although I've also heard they'll get you something different if you just ask). The food was strange. And the setup was poor, with seats theatre style (that is, until our group took it upon ourselves to rearrange things).

Would I do it again...definitely! But, it's also very much what you make of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year the party for us was held in Jazz on 4 (via a back entrance). Are they being held someplace else now?

The location was great for the party as it was set up like a night club.

They had a "mini" bar there making the drinks, but they kept bringing them around so I tried whatever they brought around. All were good but some better than others.

I guess perhaps the current staff isn't as into as the one we had. For $35 I thought it was well worth it.

I did not think it was worth it. The drinks were weak, and although you could have as many as you wanted, I felt the calorie content per drink was too high for the amount of booze in each drink. For a couple, it's $70, that can buy a heck of a lot of stiff drinks from your fave bartender. Also I thought the whoe thing was pretty "forced", not many peopl participating on my sailing (march3). The band was good, but after each song, they were met with quiet golf claps. Many people went in and out after Quest started. We did too. We went back in as we needed more drinks. Un less you go with a large group,I would. Def skip this.

I may be wrong on this.... but I'm thinking the size of the crowd has increased from the original 50 to about 100. I know if at least 22 people from our roll call that went and we were not half the crowd in attendance... more a quarter. It's still in Jazz on 4, but the seating is definitely not club style.... it's theater style. All the chairs have been dragged out of their normal club arrangement and set up side by side in rows facing the band (perhaps to accommodate the larger crowd?).

Would I go again? Definitely! Did I have a fabulous time once we gathered into a large group? Definitely! Was it great fun to dress up and did the rest of the gang dress up? Definitely! I found the gin punches strong and yummy... but save yourself from the canapes.... gross. The band was very good, though a bit loud for conservation (we had to raise our voices quite a bit too talk). I think this party is a must do if you like good jazz, or if you have some friends or family to go with you (or in our case... an interactive roll call group who likes to have fun together:D).

Archived