Serenity spa tub. No one ever gets out!

Endlessquest

I just sailed on the Carnival Pride and was pretty annoyed with the etiquitte displayed by some of my fellow passengers using the Serenity spa tub.

It seemed that whenever I wanted to take a dip in the spa it was always full. The spa held maybe 6 guests, What bothered me was that no one ever came out. I would wait over an hour at times and the same six people never moved. This happened every day from 8A to late afternoon, rain, shine, sea day, port day.

Finally on day 6 on a cold overcast day heading back to baltimore i decided to give it another try. sure enough, 6 guests in the spa. I took a dip in the pool and spoke to a couple of ladies who also were annoyed that these folks were in the spa for over an hour. the two ladies decided to go up and asked if there was room for them. these people not only didn't answer them, they didn't even look at them. finally on of the ladies started to go in. Two people came out. The other lady stepped in. I then walked up and stepped in and was given the dirtiest look by one of the two remaining couples. They got up and finally the last two got out.

Does this happen on other ships as well? I commented to carnival that maybe a sighn reading "Please limit your time in the spa to 10 minutes so others may enjoy the spa as well"

I have never seen this happen.

There are times that it may be busy, but generally the temps are are such that people limit their time. As well, people generally will get out to go eat, nap, engage in other activities, go to the restroom, etc. Maybe you just had a bad group of cruisemates.

Limit your spa time to 10 minutes? Really, that's not very long.

I never bother to go into the cess pools, er....hot tubs...and I don't pay attention to how long anyone stays in them but I wouldn't expect someone to get out after just 10 minutes to make room for me.

We noticed the same thing on the Sensation on the Serenity deck and Lido and were glad we at least enjoyed the hot tubs during embarkation.

I never tried to use the Serenity deck hot tubs on the Magic, but we never had a problem finding space in a hot tub because there were so many and all were away from the main pool area.

I've seen this happen on almost every cruise i have been on. I usually just give them what seems an appropriate amount of time and then I squeeze myself in. They usually get out pretty quick when a stranger is sitting on their leg.

The temps are so low on these things though it's not like a good hot tub where staying in too long could damage anything. It's more like a warm bath with strangers.

We experienced the same thing on the Serenity deck on the Breeze in January.

A group of couples stayed in the tub for well over an hour. My husband and I stationed ourselves just outside of it for two hours and not one of those folks ever left.

I think it's rude to stay in the tub for that long. They pretty much decided it was theirs to enjoy for the day. :mad: :p Still had a great time on the Breeze!

Mel

I've seen this happen on almost every cruise i have been on. I usually just give them what seems an appropriate amount of time and then I squeeze myself in. They usually get out pretty quick when a stranger is sitting on their leg.

The temps are so low on these things though it's not like a good hot tub where staying in too long could damage anything. It's more like a warm bath with strangers.

If they never goy out where do you think they peed???????ick.

I see it happen all the time.

I'm no longer surprised by how rude other passengers are. I've seen people take whole trays of cookies, 20+ cartons of chocolate milk....every banana in the bowl.....steal all the chocolates off the steward cart...I could go on and on.

I'm going to start taking pictures and publish a rude guest photo album.

I'm no longer surprised by how rude other passengers are. I've seen people take whole trays of cookies, 20+ cartons of chocolate milk....every banana in the bowl.....steal all the chocolates off the steward cart...I could go on and on.

I'm going to start taking pictures and publish a rude guest photo album.

lol great idea :)

you could call it "people of cruising" dot com (like peopleofwalmart.com) ;)

I always use the aft hot tubs. Normally the area is just as quiet as the serenity deck but never crowded. Last cruise I stayed in the hot tub over an hour because there was no one in them but 3 other people and no one in the area looking like they wanted to get in.

On every cruise I'm on, this is the norm. It really amazes me that people can stay in those hot tubs ALL afternoon long and there are usually more people in them than the amount the hot tub holds. I have never used one onboard and never intend to use one, although they do make quite the entertainment just watching the waitstaff continue to bring drink after drink to the hordes of people in the hot tub. Go figure.

I just sailed on the Carnival Pride and was pretty annoyed with the etiquitte displayed by some of my fellow passengers using the Serenity spa tub.

It seemed that whenever I wanted to take a dip in the spa it was always full. The spa held maybe 6 guests, What bothered me was that no one ever came out. I would wait over an hour at times and the same six people never moved. This happened every day from 8A to late afternoon, rain, shine, sea day, port day.

Finally on day 6 on a cold overcast day heading back to baltimore i decided to give it another try. sure enough, 6 guests in the spa. I took a dip in the pool and spoke to a couple of ladies who also were annoyed that these folks were in the spa for over an hour. the two ladies decided to go up and asked if there was room for them. these people not only didn't answer them, they didn't even look at them. finally on of the ladies started to go in. Two people came out. The other lady stepped in. I then walked up and stepped in and was given the dirtiest look by one of the two remaining couples. They got up and finally the last two got out.

Does this happen on other ships as well? I commented to carnival that maybe a sighn reading "Please limit your time in the spa to 10 minutes so others may enjoy the spa as well"

Spa's are public restrooms, there just not labeled as such.

I'm thinking cruise ships are going to have to hire double their staff for guest requests.

Now we want staff to police the hot tubs? You can stick signs up every 2" around the hot tub but that will not make anyone pay attention to it. So in order to make this work you would need to have someone policing it. Think of these threads and how many people delight in breaking policies, it almost seems like a game to some people. Chair hogs, how do i avoid 10 bucks for corkage fees, how can i smuggle booze onboard, how can i use the cheers package for 2 people without having to pay for 2 people, etc, etc.

What is rude to some is not rude to others. We are not in preschool that states all the toys have to be shared. I personally never spend anymore than 15 - 20 minutes in a ship hottub. But that has nothing to do with anyone might be waiting and more to do with after that I'm bored. There are many hot tubs onboard, find one that isn't as busy.

A 10 minute limit? Why even bother getting in? I think an hour is a lot more reasonable, but how do you enforce it, does the staff time when people get in?

Personally, I've never been in a carnival hot tub and don't intend to get in one. Like said, people never get out of them, yet they drink beer after beer. They are nothing but warm toilets!

If they never goy out where do you think they peed???????ick.

I thought the same thing.

What I love, are the people who get out,

Towel dry off, without rinsing first.

Then they probably go to their cabin, undress,

and dry their spa-pee suits to wear again.

:rolleyes:

I thought the same thing.

What I love, are the people who get out,

Towel dry off, without rinsing first.

Then they probably go to their cabin, undress,

and dry their spa-pee suits to wear again.

Or WORSE, go to the buffet, and touch everything,

wiping off on their Spa-Pee suits between touches!

Next time you encounter a similar situation, stand at the edge of the hot tub, yell "Yee-haw!" real loud, then do a cannonball into the hot tub. That'll clear out the hot tub hogs real quick.:D

Next time you encounter a similar situation, stand at the edge of the hot tub, yell "Yee-haw!" real loud, then do a cannonball into the hot tub. That'll clear out the hot tub hogs real quick.:D

hahahahahahahaha!

I almost spit coffee all over my iPad!

This thread is hilarious! I agree people shouldn't be rude but Carnival can't fix stupid...I'd try the cannonball trick! :p

Archived